Skink Starpriest 

40 Skinks - Spitters & Clubs 
20 Saurus - Celestite Spears 
5 Saurus Knights - Celestite Spears 

Bastiladon - Lazer beam 

Batallion - Firelance Starhost.

Played against my friends death army, he was using the ghosts and had a Wight, 2 Banshees, 2 Wraiths, 2 x 6 Spirit Hosts, 1 x 3 Spirit hosts, 2 Mournghuls. We rolled the Starstrike mission, I let him go first and turn 1 my Slann sent my Skinks off through his Master of Space and time battle trait. They got given Inspiring presence & Summon starlight and killed 3 Spirit hosts. Then a whole ton of ****** came through the ground and it all got mega involved! I ended up winning 10-5 on scenario as my friend commited heavily to each flank and I was dominating the middle of the table and the objectives all landed in the middle!

I had a total blast of a game and can't wait to play the next. 

Good job ! How did the firelance in small numbers feel ? Did it got it points paid off ?

Also why did you choose the 20 man spear unit instead of weaps ? In my experience 20 man units, don't get to hit that much at first pile in and after the 2nd the bonus is lost so they hit "Weaker " than the celestite clubs  ?

Good job and welcome aboard !

41 minutes ago, Seraphage said:

Good job ! How did the firelance in small numbers feel ? Did it got it points paid off ?

Also why did you choose the 20 man spear unit instead of weaps ? In my experience 20 man units, don't get to hit that much at first pile in and after the 2nd the bonus is lost so they hit "Weaker " than the celestite clubs  ?

Good job and welcome aboard !

I liked the 3 small units, it meant bravery wasn't something I had to consider and they could go in different directions.  I think for 100 points a unit they're really solid, they were rolling to charge at +4 due to the constellation and being able to march 14 is fantastic remenauver. At one point he commited 6 spirit hosts and a mournghul to one side and I used my speed to redeploy .

I used Saurus with spears as - I prefer the unit look with spears and when I get around to using a block of 40 I'd want them to have spears and I like to play WYSIWYG :)

Archived