Counts-as in Shadespire

CyderPirate

Hey folks, played my first few games of Shadespire last night and I really enjoyed it. Bloodbound and SCE aren't really my thing, though, so was considering converting up some Slaves to Darkness to replace the SCE warband, and some Tzaangors to replace the Khorne guys. The intention would be to make the models easily identifiable as their 'normal' versions. So the 'Oberyn' stand-in will need to have a 2-handed weapon, etc etc. 

Obviously the decks, abilities etc, would still be the same - I'm not proposing home-brewing my own factions.

How would you guys feel about playing a band like that? Ok or not?

What else would work as stand-ins, especially for factions that probably aren't going to get a warband any time soon?

I think Shadespire is there for moding - it's mostly a home game, so there is no reason not to do what you want. At a minimum though I would advise to have the character cards updated, i you want to go the extra mile you can change the artwork on the cards. As long as you have done a clean work (i.e. you can't cheat) your opponent should let you play with what you want.

I went the whole 'home brewing' route with Long Drong Slayers - you can check my post. It took me really long  hours - but I'm happy with the result. Still need to do some balancing though.

For casual play this shouldnt be an issue. For organized play it is however.

What you can do is convert the Garreks Reavers with Tzaangor or Acolyte bits, as long as the visual match is there I think people would be okay with it.

As Warhammer Underworlds is build for organized play you are more restricted in what you can build as in Age of Sigmar. 

Keep in mind that eventually Tzeentch can be covered in this game too. I honestly expect it too because of DoT being a newer range and as such Im certain there are some sculpts "on the shelf" like was the case for the Bloodbound and Stormcast.

Archived