2000 pts of sylveneth

Dragon10

Hi guys and girls 

this is a new list I’m working on. Paint job slowly coming together to represent a cold winter clan lead by both a Durthu and Tree Lord Wizard.

Durthu 400 gnarled warrior and oaken armour

Tree lord wizard 300 regrowth 

branchwych 80 tree singing and acorn of ages

10 x Tree revs

5 x Tree Revs 

5 x Tree revs

3 x hunters sythes

3 x hunters sythes

3 x hunters bows

3 x hunters bows

total 1980

i also have plenty of woods for shenanigans.

what you guys think.

i have done pretty well with Durthu and hunters with sythes.

2 hours ago, Dragon10 said:

Hi guys and girls 

this is a new list I’m working on. Paint job slowly coming together to represent a cold winter clan lead by both a Durthu and Tree Lord Wizard.

Durthu 400 gnarled warrior and oaken armour

Tree lord wizard 300 regrowth 

branchwych 80 tree singing and acorn of ages

10 x Tree revs

5 x Tree Revs 

5 x Tree revs

3 x hunters sythes

3 x hunters sythes

3 x hunters bows

3 x hunters bows

total 1980

i also have plenty of woods for shenanigans.

what you guys think.

i have done pretty well with Durthu and hunters with sythes.

List looks pretty good, I would recommend putting the scythes into one unit of 6, this makes it much more durable and also a mystic shield will affect them all. 

Nowadays I'm personally finding with the cost increase bow hunters not as worth it as they once were, I find it as a big investment for normally not a huge return, they seem to do all or nothing and most of the time find myself wishing I had something else. 

No doubt this list will still do great, just my own experiences :)
With the new change in points a squad of 30 dryads has never looked so good. 

Also bear in mind you have 1 too many artefacts. 
I'd take off acorn of ages on the branchwych and change the spell to verdants blessing. Once you have cast as many trees as you need then you can use the spells defensively aka. mystic shield or offensively aka. arcane bolt/unleash spites

47 minutes ago, Dragon10 said:

Worth dropping 5 Tree Revs for a free spirit battalion? Then I can take the artifact ?

It depends. 3x5 Tree Revs will be useless in most games. They die really quick and they're good only at catching objectives in 4/5 round :p.

I’ve actually had some good success with Tree Revs, people tend to not waste time on them and forget they do have a few attacks with -1. Pretty good at getting that lone wizard I don’t want to waste fire power on or getting artillery.

took down a skull cannon  etc.. 

The problem with 10 tree revenants is that for 110 more points you can have a 30 man unit of dryads. Which personally I think would be much more useful overall. 
There is nothing stopping you running revenants along side this, thats what I personally do. 
But having all revenants I think you miss out on having a solid anvil blob unit 

All that tree-revenant are not totally worth. I don't say that they are usless, but they are totally situational. I play only 1 unit of 5 tree revenant (mandatory for gnarloot), they helped me taking an objective in the last turn, or charging a unit to lock it in combat or to take out some small unit warding an objective, but 5 of the are enough. In many games they just get crashed without problem, they have cool attack stat, true, but they have a 5+ save and just 1 wound each (80 pt for 5 wound = 18 pt per wound). Dryads in exchange i found them to be really really usefull, i little unit pf 10 is really a good shield for other unit and still not that easy to wipe, but if you make a 20 unit, or even better a 30 unit, you have a really solid bunker. If they are more then 12 they get +1 save, if they are in a wood (and your main strategy will be to cast a wood on the objective and teleport them do bunker it) they get another +1 thanks to cover and give your enemy -1 to hit, cast a mystic shield and you have a 2+ save (with reroll of 1 of Treelord Ancient is general and they are close to him or to a kurnoth), and your enemy will hit them with a -1. The cost? 100 pt for 10 wound or 270 for 30, so 10 pt per wound (9 for bigger unit), much better then the 18 pt per wound of tree-revenant. Think about using at least one unit of 20 or 30, then if you want use tree revenant for the other battleline.

Let your Treelord ancient be your general, he will give you reroll 1's on save roll on every sylvaneth at 10" from him or 8" from kurnoth (kurnoth will always be in range of his ability and they will keep in range the rest of the army too). For a good combo give your treelord ancient gnarled warrior and briarsheath, then with a battalion give oaken armour to Durthu, they will hit Ancient with -1 malus and if he did not save you can use durthu ability to take the damage and try to save it again at 2+ (ancient will be anyway close to durthu to cast regrowth, do not fear enemy charge on him, my Treelord ancient never died once in my games, he is too bulky).

About the spell, you only have 2 mages, so my advice is to give regrowth and verdant blessing, our 2 most usefull magic.

Here come the hard part, kurnoth hunters. They are really strong but with thay increased cost 4 units are too much, bow hunters are good but that 4+ to hit is pretty hard, so of you have to decide i suggest to keep the schyte ones. If you really want to use all of your hunter try to use free spirit battalion (3xbow,3xbow and 6xschyet with durthu), will give them the mobility that they need, but is pretty expensive.

Sorry for the long message, i want to help giving you my experiences with that army, i hope you'll find it usefull.

43 minutes ago, Dragon10 said:

Dry useful thank you, 

im a bit of a gamer that only uses things I like but try to create a strong army too.

i don’t like dryads and love hunter models and Durthu so trying to design a list that heavily shows my likes and dislikes

Mmmm ok, try this one

Durthu

Treelord Ancient

Branchwych

5x tree-revenant

5x tree-revenant

5x tree-revenant

6x kurnoth (schyte)

3x kurnoth (bow)

3x kurnoth (bow)

Free spirit battalion

Here it is what comes in my mind using the units you like. 

Your choise for the general, but i suggest to make treelord anciend general (trait: gnarled warrior, artifacth briarsheath) and then give the artifact "oaken armour" to Durthu. For the spell i suggest to use Regrowth and Verdant blessing. 

Hit hard with durthu and kurnoth, battalion give them the mobility they miss, support them with the wizards using regrowth to keep durthu up and mistic shield on kurnoth to make them bulky; meanwhile tree-revenant can use their mobility to keep objective, just care, they will die easy

Archived