List around Thanquol

neiras3

Well don't know about competetive but thanquol's best friend is most certainly verminlord deceiver. His teleportation ability is amazing for thanquol. With that said thanquol does suffer from one big issue: He is massively overcosted. 460p for guy with only 13 wounds and non-impressive saves. Not to mention that he has to make choice between being melee beast or mortal wound spewer but he can't be both at the same time. He is pretty mediocre caster too with meh command ability. 

I'm taking the following to Da Boyz GT in Rochester next month:

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Thanquol and Boneripper (450)
- Warpfire Projectors
Verminlord Warpseer (260)
- General
- Trait: Lord of War
- Artefact: Crown of Conquest

Battleline
10 x Chaos Marauders (60)
- Axes & Shields
- Axes & Shields
10 x Kairic Acolytes (100)
6 x Stormfiends (600)
-  1 Grinderfist
- 5 Warpfire Throwers

Units
9 x Warplock Jezzails (420)
10 x Blue Horrors Of Tzeentch (50)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Wounds: 119

I've tested the deceiver, and his utility is obvious, however the ranged mortal wounds and anti-movement, anti-fly spell on the Warspeer edges it out slightly in utility, especially considering the dramatically lower cost allows more flexibility in the battleline screen. The weakest part of this list is the screen, but it has some nice offensive power to it in thanquol, tunneling stormfiends, and mass sniper fire.

On 8.10.2017 at 5:45 PM, foolsama said:

Battleline
- Axes & Shields
- Axes & Shields
10 x Kairic Acolytes (100)
6 x Stormfiends (600)
-  1 Grinderfist
- 5 Warpfire Throwers

Looks very well-thought-out! I'm just really curious, how you justify choice of the battleline units? Did you consider taking some more Skavens to increase wound count or anything like this? Why Khorne/Tzeneech combo? Just curious:)

10 hours ago, Rev said:

Looks very well-thought-out! I'm just really curious, how you justify choice of the battleline units? Did you consider taking some more Skavens to increase wound count or anything like this? Why Khorne/Tzeneech combo? Just curious:)

Marauders are cheapest generic chaos batteline you can get - and they have shields. I had points enough to boost one squad in power, and I chose Acolytes because they have a ranged attack and some very minor anti-magic shenanigans (also,  I happen to own Acolytes from the Silver Tower boxes).  I had 50 points left over, and what do you know - 10 blue horrors (who also have a ranged attack!) are 50 points. More chaff for the meat grinder!

The list is designed around things I want to take - Thanquol, Stormfiends and Jezzails. The rest is support.

Archived