Fighting Dispossessed with Blades of Khorne

Mr Saturday

Hey all,

I've been getting more into AoS since I started with a humble Blades of Khorne warband for skirmish. I have my eye set on a Paths to Glory force now, but I'm coming up on a bit of a stumbling block against one of my mate's forces, dispossessed. Now he's a pretty shrewd tactician in any case, but his Paths to Glory force seems pretty brutal. He runs 2 units of 10 longbeards, and organ gun, engineer and warden king. He bubbles give pretty much his entire force re-rolls to hit, save, wound and re-roll ones when kept in close order. His engineer gives his organ gun a re-roll.  I'm finding his shooting is pretty much deleting a unit of about 10  per shot, and once I do get to him he gets +1 save on the longbeards if I charge.

How do I crack this stunty nut with a Blades of Khorne Paths to Glory force. I'm looking at rend and mortal wound output, so I'm thinking a slaughterpriest would help for starters. I'm also kind of torn on whether to use Skullreapers of Wrathmongers. Any advice appreciated.

Slaughterpriests are your first call for some Mortal wound out put.  I'm a big fan of Mighty Skullchrushers (though my favoured Brass Stampede probably isn't for PTG).  Skullreapers with Daemon blades are a good choice for this as well.  Wrathmongers will turn the enemy against themselves so will only give you what you want if your opponents troops can do it. 

For better rend then -1 I believe you'll be looking at a Gorecleaver, Valkia, Bloodthirsters or Skullcanons. I find it easier to get some Mortal wound output in to deal with high save stuff to be honest.  The Gorecleaver it a nice artifact for both however 

This thread will probably get moved to the Khorne section just i case you think it's disappeared. 

Archived