Azyr app working online only

Carnelian

Hi all

I recently took the 99p plunge and subbed to Azyr as I wanted to use an army builder offline on the tube and this is not possible with warscroll builder.

However if I don't have access to the internet then i just sometimes get a message saying must subscribe to use Azyr. It seems only able to acknowledge that I am subscribed when it has internet access.

This also meant I could not use it on holiday whilst in Kosovo this past week.

Frustrating! 

I've emailed gwapps@gwplc.com on 3rd September but have got no response.

Does anyone else have this difficulty? Have I used the right email address? Its what the Facebook team told me to use.

Thanks

Just done a quick test on my phone by chucking it into airplane mode then trying to run Azyr, and can confirm that I had the same issue.

My assumption is that online authentication is done when the app is launched to see if its user has an active subscription to Azyr or not, if it can't authenticate due to no connectivity it looks like it doesn't let you in.

Whilst it doesn't seem like a very elegant solution, it depends on how the application is written, and could require some significant changes to fix.

A work around would be to start that app before you head down to the underground, allowing it to authenticate and give you access to that section of the application.

2 hours ago, DeadlySarcasm said:

Just done a quick test on my phone by chucking it into airplane mode then trying to run Azyr, and can confirm that I had the same issue.

My assumption is that online authentication is done when the app is launched to see if its user has an active subscription to Azyr or not, if it can't authenticate due to no connectivity it looks like it doesn't let you in.

Whilst it doesn't seem like a very elegant solution, it depends on how the application is written, and could require some significant changes to fix.

A work around would be to start that app before you head down to the underground, allowing it to authenticate and give you access to that section of the application.

That seems about right - thanks for confirming it's not just me.

That fix does work but there's no way I'll be practically  able to do that every time I end up somewhere without internet....! 

Don't think I'll be re-subscribing unless this changes 

Archived