Lord_Mortkin

I lately ran a 1000 p.ts army fully warherd.

Doombull great eapon Lord of War 120

Doombull pair of axes Deamon blade 120

3x bullgors full comand 180

Gorghon 200

980/1000

My goal here is to not have all the power in one spot (that is why 2 doombulls and that is why I have split trait and artifact between the 2 doombulls). Also in game try and have your general not charging in at first. a lot of time is better for your other units to soak abit of damage in CC before the general and/or the other hero finishes the job.

I only triyed agains a list of dispossessed which I don t think was optimal for me to fully test this list. Although just to show some numbers the doombull with double axes wiped out 20 dwardin warriors (they ignored my rend -1 so plain save of 5+) doing 11 dmg between MW from the blade and normal wounds and the rest popped failing badly a battleshock. Everything else basically explodd all the units they touched a part from the gorghon which fully fulfilled his role of big "not-s0" scary target and arrived in CC with 2 wounds remaining and did ******; but he soaked a lot of fire insead of other units.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys!

Wanted to let you know that your threat inspired me :D! I played Beastmen, Ogres and Dark Elves in the 7th edition but then left the hobby for a couple of years. When I started again this year, I bought some Kharadron Overlords, and while this army has quite a lot of depth, I was looking for some variety lately. So after reading this threat, I did some math and realized, that with two of the allies boxes (containing three Bullgors and a Ghorgon/Cygor) as well as 2 Doombulls I’ll have 1000 points straight to play (for less than 200 Euros). Which made me decide that I should do it! (The order is already out; the minis should arrive next week! Also I can definitely use some of my old metal minis if needed.)

So for one thing I am pondering about color schemes and bases and stuff, I haven’t quite decided which way to go yet (I quite like the idea of painting them in the way the “classic” Tzaangors are painted). The other thing are tactical considerations: While the general idea is pretty straightforward, I think allies can really add some salt and give some relevant tactical options. Anyways: I’ll keep you updated on the way I go; also I’d be happy if you shares some (more) experiences you have with warherds (as a player as well as an opponent).

Best regards

Bagrar

On 10/6/2017 at 5:28 PM, Frozenbeast said:

Doombull great eapon Lord of War 120

Doombull pair of axes Deamon blade 120

Gorghon 200

I like it.

Recently I saw a guy taking 2x3 man units but then one 12-bull unit.    I want to give that a try.  He ran 50 Hounds for screens and bodies however I would be tempted to drop 30 Raiders for the reach out and touch someone ability.

Archived