Open War Skirmish Campaign

Wraith01

Anybody use the Open War cards to play Skirmish games yet?

I'm thinking about running a Open War Skirmish campaign. Basically follow the Skirmish rules to pick your Warbands, but then add the Open War cards for the campaign missions.  Randomly pick your Objective, Deployment and Twist from the deck (maybe those cards are retired from the rest of the campaign). After each game upgrade and reinforce according to the Skirmish campaign rules, but the Underdog gets to pick a Ruse card in addition to his reroll bonus. At some point, depending on how things go, the Sudden Death cards should come into play. This should even out the playing field even more than just following the Skirmish rules on their own. If nothing else, you get to play through a different campaign.

add in time of war rules as well! they all have great additional rules as well as spells for all wizards giving them lots of replay value when mixed with the campaign. maybe each player chooses a realm to be their base, and make a tug of war map?

line up each realm randomly and players start in the middle realm. each victory gets you closer to your realm and so on and so forth.

59 minutes ago, hellalugosi said:

add in time of war rules as well! they all have great additional rules as well as spells for all wizards giving them lots of replay value when mixed with the campaign. maybe each player chooses a realm to be their base, and make a tug of war map?

line up each realm randomly and players start in the middle realm. each victory gets you closer to your realm and so on and so forth.

I love this idea! 

I think that's part of whats coming with the next expansion: "Firestorm" (there's an ad for it in White Dwarf).

Archived