Darkling Covens

helle

Question

Hey everyone,

I have a question regarding the new Darkling Covens Allegiance from GHB17. I only have a German book and I struggle with the way the rules are written, so I would like you to confirm I understood correctly:

Darkshards have the Storm of Iron-tipped Bolts ability giving them +1 hit, if their unit size is 20+ models. Using the Darkling Covens Allegiance, they can get this ability even if their unit size is smaller, given that other units are within 6" range.

My question is: Do 10 Darkshards need 10 more models within 6" to get the ability or is it sufficient if there is another unit of 10 within 6", but not every model of that 2nd unit is in range?

8 answers to this question

Nope, they worded it in the new Errata.You have to have all units within a the described range to get benefit from any modifiers.

They used the 2 Forests and one unit between them as example but explained later this counts for any modifiers.

All models of a unit have to be in range to trigger something

19 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Nope, they worded it in the new Errata.You have to have all units within a the described range to get benefit from any modifiers.

They used the 2 Forests and one unit between them as example but explained later this counts for any modifiers.

All models of a unit have to be in range to trigger something

Which one was it in? Order?

i Quote:

A: In
Warhammer Age of Sigmar
, unless specifically
stated otherwise a unit is ‘within’ a certain distance of
something else as long as the shortest distance between
them is equal to or less than the stated distance. So, for
example, a unit is within 12" of another unit as long as
any model from one unit is 12" or less from any model
from the other unit.
Note that if a unit is instead required to be ‘wholly
within’ a certain distance of something else, this means
that every part of each model in that unit must be within
that distance.

16 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

I think it was in the game rules errata

I reread it and it specificed some rules say wholy within # and in that case all the unit must be, see for example cover rules or deployment at borders edge.

The darkling rule DOES say you count the models from the 3 listed units within six inches. Gramatically, this is saying you only count the models in range. So you need a decently tight formation for your friends and cant spread out unless you spread together, in say a wide 2 deep screen of spears and xbows.

Archived