Leaving the balewind vortex

Mune

Question

Hi guys,

with the new ruling of the vortex (100p every time he is summoned), I was wondering: can a model on top leave the vortex in his movement phase (run/teleport), if it has enoth movement, without the need of banishing it in the hero phase?

So I could get back up some turns later?

Thx for the help

5 answers to this question

Hi guys,
with the new ruling of the vortex (100p every time he is summoned), I was wondering: can a model on top leave the vortex in his movement phase (run/teleport), if it has enoth movement, without the need of banishing it in the hero phase?
So I could get back up some turns later?

Thx for the help
You can't move if you're on it. You can't get onto it if you're not.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Well I got the part about the move.

Mate just made me a pic of the seraphon wording and it only says its considered to be your move for the movement phase, so you cant move again.

But it doesnt say, the teleport it self counts as a movement.

In this case you wouldnt leave the vortex with a move or be moved.

You just pick the model up and place it anywhere else, by wording.

*edit*

Should be the same as the sylvaneth teleport.

The new faq says, you can teleport out of melee and still do things, since its no move and in this case you dont trigger the retreat rule.

In AoS the word ‘move’ does not apply only to moves made in the movement phase but to all other kinds of moves including charges, pile-ins and abilities which remove models and set them up elsewhere. The balewind vortex scenery rules unqualifiedly forbid wizards from moving, so we can take it that it forbids moving in a broad sense of the word. If the rules meant to forbid a specific kind of move only, they would be specific.

The FAQ you mention is specifically addressing whether a teleport constitutes a retreat. The rules for retreating affect a specific kind of move made in the movement phase, and the FAQ just says that a teleport is not this kind of move. It does not rule that a teleport is not a move at all. A teleport certainly is a kind of move and is therefore forbidden by the balewind vortex scenery rules.

Archived