Using Witch Elf heads for conversions?

Widdershins

Ive got two boxes of Witch Elves but I'm thinking of building them as Sisters of Slaughter/Daemonettes instead. This leaves me with a whole pile of Witch Elf heads that I'd like to use to make female Stormcast (or marines, or something). I'm not sure that they'd fit well though, given the way the hair sits.

Has anyone ever used Witch Elf heads for converting anything before? Anything at all? Thanks!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I have used the heads on characters for my wood elf army, they fit well on Sisters of the Thorn torsos, my mounted Spellweaver has one on Neferata's torso and I originally had them on my warhawk conversions, which were winged harlequins with Tyrannid Gargoyle wings but I broke those down in favour of witch elf bodies, Sisters of Slaughter heads and feathered Scourge wings.  Wood elf torsos tend to be thin enough to fit them well, anything armoured I would think that you would struggle.  I was playing with the idea of putting them on kabalite torsos for my Wildwood Rangers but they never fit so I stuck with the WWR cloaked heads instead.

With a little shaving I think they are easy enough to work with.  

I haven't had my hands on many stormcast but I think not, the torsos might give you some troubles. Personally I would look at getting a female torso from another source and working the weapons and legs into that.  You could make reasonable female stormcast without using stormcast bodies.  I would be looking to the 40k Sisters of Battle/Silence line if I were you. 

It's what I would do, probably will do when my daughter starts playing. 

Archived