Chaos Sorcerer WIP

RuneBrush

It's been an age since I've put up a WIP - mainly because I've been working on some 40k Imperial Knights :)  So here's the first WIP for a speed paint on a Chaos sorcerer.  I'm at Blackout in a couple of weeks with my brother who's frantically trying to get his Nurgle army up to 2k, so I thought I'd be a kind sibling and sort him out an extra wizard to use!

59969fd94467b_SorcererWIP1.jpg.51efb493a2169a0f688ebac2a0e6740d.jpg

Still needs quite a bit done.  The gold on the other side needs highlighting up and then silver edge highlights added to all of it.  I've then got the black to highlight, the claws to sort out and the flesh to highlight up.  Then the weapons!

I'm hoping he's generic enough to run as a regular sorcerer rather than the Tzeentch one the model is meant to be - but will see at the end ;)

Well I managed to crack this out bar the base on Friday afternoon whilst watching Twitch!  Probably the quickest model I've ever painted though wouldn't have said he was my "best" work so to speak.  I'll try and sort the base out and get a proper photo done, but in the meantime here's his sword!

599abe55e0a7d_SorcererWIP2.jpg.d9b6e6e6f995cf1de9e622daa4121273.jpg

1 hour ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Druchii Violet skin wash? The effect is nice emoji4.png

And what looks like a subtle NMM on the sword blade? Good stuff!

Yup, two thinned coats over Corax White - super quick and super effective!  A light highlight of Genestealer Purple and then Palid Wych Flesh just finished it off!

Hadn't thought of it like NMM, basically it was me wanting to play something a bit different and I thought green would set the model off.  Just a dark green base with a few thin layers over the top then a glaze.  Not happy with the yellow highlight, sadly the brightest yellow I had was an airbrush paint and dried far too quickly on the brush :D

Archived