Help needed fora 2000 point Freeguild list

Congratz

+Hello there :)

Always liked the old empire so i wanted to start a army. Problem is i don't now where to go with a list.

I really want a shotty list with handgunners and crossbows with a hurricanum ofc. 

I thought 'bout 30x Handgunners, 30x Handgunners and 30 crossbows. Really like the idea of all this shootin'

A hurricanum with mage so i can get +1 to hit, cuz thats cool and then a Free guild General on horse so i can get +1/+1. 

60 shots from 2 units of handgunners on 2+/2+/-1/1 Ouch. 

Maybe i should swap out the Crossbows for Handgunners?

Now ofc a shooty army need artillery ;) and thats the problem i don't know what to go for...

I have heard Hellstorm Rocket battery is quite good. I Really want a steam tank (How does it perform) with a Battlemage of life to heal it every turn.

For defence i don't really know either, well there is only free guild guard and Greatsword sooo.

Maybe some OP grail knights with the Fey cuz FOR THE LADY!

Soo to be fair i don't know how to make a 2000 point list so i thought that you Free guild players could share me your list. Thank you :)

My personal favorite list that's served me well:

Freeguild General (1+ Attack and +1 Damage 
Bretonnian Lord on Pegasus
Gunsmith
Celestial Hurricanum

3x units of 10x Freeguild Guard w/ Sword & Shield

Brotherhood of Knights Battalion
2x Units of 3x Demigryph Knights
2x Units of 5x Empire Knights

2x Empire Cannons

Guard hold objectives and tarpit things going after your backfield. EK's chaff for the Demigryphs. Cannons are your heavy artillery and do a great job at taking things out at long range, especially when buffed with the Gunsmith and Hurricanum. Combined each shot gets a 62.5% (corrected the math for the Engineer re-roll) chance of wounding at Rend -2. Statistically you should average about 7-10 damage per turn off the canons, 5 mortal wound per turn off of the Hurricanum, plus possibly more for spells off of the wizard on the hurricanum. Hurricanum does a nice job of buffing up your knights. Hold the Line on your Demis in the 2nd round of combat gives them D3 damage on 5s, so it makes up for some of the reduced power they have after the charge. The battalion is really powerful and gives you explosive power on the charge, coupled with a 10" move and +2" on the charge you have a huge threat range.

Archived