Empire / Freemen - What happened?!?!

Major

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2017-07-08 at 0:33 AM, Major said:

Yes it seems like they suit the "gentlemans war" style. Gun lines everywhere, cannons at rear with calvary on flanks. But you just dont see them much! Are the not competative enough?

Drop your lists and help me convince myself to buy the plastic! Lol

Here is a list that I took to a tournament in Sweden last year. I went 4-1 and finished 4th in a field of 40 players. I lost to Sylvaneth Gnarlroot and won against Stormcast, Khorne bloodbound, Fyreslayers and Pestilence. It's a decent list, that can steal some wins, but It can't compete with the big boys (Tzeench Skyfires, Kharadron, Tripletusk). I think that the Free People are a mid tier army, but they are a lot of fun to play and it is awesome when you manage to steal some wins against opponents that have never even heard of your units.

Allegiance: Order
King Louen Leoncoeur (400)
Freeguild General (100)
- General
- Stately War Banner
- Trait: Reckless
Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (320)
- Artefact: Phoenix Stone
Gunmaster (80)
16 x Knights Of The Realm (440)
10 x Freeguild Handgunners (100)
10 x Freeguild Archers (100)
Empire Cannon (180)
Empire Cannon (180)

Total: 2000/2000

12 hours ago, jobume said:

Here is a list that I took to a tournament in Sweden last year. I went 4-1 and finished 4th in a field of 40 players. I lost to Sylvaneth Gnarlroot and won against Stormcast, Khorne bloodbound, Fyreslayers and Pestilence. It's a decent list, that can steal some wins, but It can't compete with the big boys (Tzeench Skyfires, Kharadron, Tripletusk). I think that the Free People are a mid tier army, but they are a lot of fun to play and it is awesome when you manage to steal some wins against opponents that have never even heard of your units.

Allegiance: Order
King Louen Leoncoeur (400)
Freeguild General (100)
- General
- Stately War Banner
- Trait: Reckless
Celestial Hurricanum With Celestial Battlemage (320)
- Artefact: Phoenix Stone
Gunmaster (80)
16 x Knights Of The Realm (440)
10 x Freeguild Archers (100)
Empire Cannon (180)
Empire Cannon (180)

Total: 2000/2000

Its impressive. You didnt want the bonuses from having more than 20 models in a unit? I dot think I have the cav units for this list :( i just went and got 2 boxes of thr new state troops. I have a lot of empire minis that I am unsure as to what they are. I will be poating another post to identify them all later lol.

I like the hurricanum!

I dont think ill ever use em competatively but at club days would be good to walk away grinning ya know? The have such a cool them and asthetic.

Archived