Mortal Chaos Slaanesh list advice

Trav

Hi all,

haven't used the chaos in ages and keen to try out this list. Wanting to squeeze in 10 chosen and knights. No shooting but hopefully the chosen will cause some damage.

1000 points

lord of slaanesh

sorcerer lord

10 chosen

10 warriors w/great weapons

5 knights w/glaives

10 marauders

hoping to buff and charge the knights at a key unit and follow up with the chosen. The knights hitting on 3's will be handy with lord of war.

slaanesh lord will have lord of war ability adding 1 to hit for a unit. He also allows one unit to generate an additional attack on a 6+ to hit which should be fun with lord of war - especially when the chosen get stuck in.

sorcerer can buff this unit also to generate more hits.

generally I use the slaanesh lord on steed for double pile in but i wouldn't be able to fit in the sorceror in and the marauders might be handy for holding an objective.

any thoughts or does this list totally suck?

cheers

have you thought about hellflayers and or marauder horsemen?

I want your list to work as I have a real soft spot for cavalry armies.  You might want to rethink the chosen for regular warriors at this point level as they're expensive and chew through points fast, I do get why you'd want them though.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2017 at 8:54 AM, Kaleb Daark said:

have you thought about hellflayers and or marauder horsemen?

I want your list to work as I have a real soft spot for cavalry armies.  You might want to rethink the chosen for regular warriors at this point level as they're expensive and chew through points fast, I do get why you'd want them though.

I dont have those cavalry models, just hellstriders.

i actually ran this list the other night and it was fun.

lord of slaanesh allowing the chosen to generate extra attacks on a 6+ (And hit on 2+)to hit roll, with lord of war and unpredictable distruction increasing this to 4+ when lucky was awesome. The amount of hits and mortal wounds was scored was awesome, and buffed by the sorcerer they chewed through the stormcast, but the 2 remaining retributors who joined in later had some crazy rolls and hurt me.

a fair points sink at 1000 but great fun. Usually i would use lord on steed of slaanesh but couldnt fit in sorc lord, i almost rate the lord of slaanesh on foots ability higher than the mounted ones.

anyway, just thought i would share as i dont see much about chosen written.

Archived