2k of Moonclan Goodness

Zooooooool

Hello!

I was just curious as to what people think of my 2k moonclan list. Moonclan have always had a near and dear place in my heart, even back in the old world. My main question is how well do you think the list will hold up against the more competitive lists out there? Obviously, staying only moonclan is gonna hamper me. But, I do consider myself a rather competitive player and would like to tussle with the big dogs.

Leaders
Grot Warboss (80)
- General
- Git Cuttas 
Grot Warboss On Great Cave Squig (80)
- Moon Cutta & Git Shield 
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)

Battleline
20 x Moonclan Grots (120)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields 

Units
1 x Grot Fanatics (30)
1 x Grot Fanatics (30)
1 x Grot Fanatics (30)
1 x Grot Fanatics (30)
1 x Grot Fanatics (30)
1 x Grot Fanatics (30)
1 x Grot Fanatics (30)
1 x Grot Fanatics (30)

Behemoths
Colossal Squig (300)
Colossal Squig (300)
Magma Dragon (520)

Total: 2000/2000

Any and all C&C is appreciated, thank you very much!

I'll be honest, I don't really have a game plan with this list. I just figured fanatics were good units in general and have seen them taken in almost every destruction list. Would you not include them in this kind of list? What would you replace them with?

I actually quite like it! (although no idea how it would perform as I've got not experience wielding grots whatsoever...) - it looks fun to play with though, which is the most important thing.

You can throw your behemoths forward for maximum damage, clog up the middle of the board and objectives with fanatic-ridden grots, and buff everything from the back with your heroes.

Only problem is once your behemoths die (which they inevitably will, as good as they are), you've only got 60 grots to take you forward. So the damage output of your behemoths will be really important, and therefore kinda all or nothing I'd imagine. You could probably also do with some ranged units in there somewhere - drop a few fanatics and add in some grots with bows or spear chukka?

I like this list. What about a more purist approach, tossing the magma dragon and buying a few spear chuckas, more grots, more heroes and/ or a few wolf riders?

Also from my experience units of 20 grots are too small to do anything. I would go 30+

I also have found good uses for wolf riders. They are much better than they used to be in the 8th.

So, on thing not mentioned, is that as of the most recent FAQ, all Fanatics need to be released from their parent unit at once. So, there's not much point in having 8 separate units of them. You'll want to combine them into larger units.

From a 'pure' perspective, the Magma Dragon (as awesome as it is) doesn't fit the definition. You may want to look into some of the other Squig themed models instead. I'd say replace it with some Mangler squids, which are random, but scary for your opponent.

Archived