New to airbrushing... question

Kisada11

Yes to everything :D  OK, a more sensible answer is that it's quite honestly up to you, and depends upon what result you're trying to achieve.

I would likely give the whole model a coat of gloss varnish and then apply a blue wash, concentrating in the recesses and folds.  The gloss varnish means that the wash won't "taint" the colours you've put down.  However if you wanted to introduce more blue into the scales, you could skip the varnish and basically use the wash to shade and tint the paint if that makes sense.  I'd then probably use a combination of drybrushing and the airbrush to push the highlights back with a little bit of edge highlighting on the more pronounced area such as the face. I would then hit it with a matt (or satin) varnish to remove the gloss finish.

1 hour ago, Routasydän said:

Id say go for diluted blue wash :) and then perhaps some drybrushing, I wouldnt use airbrush since it can mess with the recesses.

I like the colours alot, though the blue could be a tad more visible imo :)

This :) The blue is really solid but adding a light blue wash to make it deeper in the crevices will be perfect. If you are a patient individual, you could even only apply it to the cracks and creases and remove the need to drybrush afterwards.

Did the gloss coat. Thinned down some blue wash and hit the model. At first the wash was kind of acting like a pin wash and flowing through the cracks but it was very limited (probably because I wasn't using oil based paint). Anyway I just ended up washing all the scales. Definitely turned the model much more blue but I think I'm ok with that.

8682664432f7c26667128e170a526e00.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived