Retinue markings for Sacrosanct Chamber

EMMachine

Hi Guys,

one year ago, I asked, how the Stormhost Organisation worked (with the ending result that I created my own chamber for the Celestial Vindicators):

Now, we have a new edition and a new Chamber Type (Sacrosanct) and I'm struggeling again. This time how Retinue markings are working here.

To give a little information. Normally the Retinue marking is a combination of the Tabards trim (3 colors in most cases like purple, white and black) and the color of the buckles (3 colors, often gold silver, bronze), so we could have 9 Retinues of 1 unittype (gold/purple, gold/white, gold/black, silver/purple, silver/white, silver/black,  bronze/purple, bronze/white, bronze/black)

There were already units where it didn't work completly (Prosecutors, Vanguard Hunters) mostly because they have a leather tabard (exept you paint the entire tabard in that color).

Now we come to the Sacrosanct Chamber. If we look at the Sequitors and Castigators we neither see a bucklet nor do they have the have the form of tabards we are searching for. They are wearing more some sort of Tunic over the armour (so the markings we know from "marks of the righteous" are covered and GW is not mentioning how it works for them.

I haven't started painting them but also don't know I should mark them.

22 hours ago, EMMachine said:

Now we come to the Sacrosanct Chamber. If we look at the Sequitors and Castigators we neither see a bucklet nor do they have the have the form of tabards we are searching for. They are wearing more some sort of Tunic over the armour (so the markings we know from "marks of the righteous" are covered and GW is not mentioning how it works for them.

I haven't started painting them but also don't know I should mark them.

The tunics still seem to be painted with a separate tabard on some models, and where not the images in the battletome suggest you could use the stripe painted on the tunic, looks like a challenging freehand though.

Archived