Not new to Warhammer, but new to AoS

Axebringer

Hello to everyone, you lovely people!

I was a WFB player a lot of time ago (6th and 7th edition of the game), my Warriors of Chaos were all covered in dust for a while... So, with the new edition of AoS coming out I was thinking - why not give a chance to this game?

I tried the Skirmish version of the game a couple of times. It wasn't bad ?

My models:
- 1x Exalted Champion of Chaos (the limited one from Gamesday 2009)
- 1x Chaos Sorcerer
- 5x Chaos Knights
- 16x Marauders (Flails and shields)
- 15x Chaos Warriors (Shields)
- 2x Chaos Spawns

I also have some some non-GW models, made by Avatars of War:
- Lady of Wrath
- Wasteland Warriors with Great Weapons (I plan to use those as Chaos Chosen) 

I was looking forward to buy some models from Khorne Bloodbound/Blades of Khorne subfaction just because I like how they look and I could always use them in my Slaves to Darkness army as allies. 
Since there is a new edition coming out really, REALLY soon I can imagine some things are going to change.

Now I'm asking two things:
1 - So, what is the point of not having Chaos Marks on things? There is no more something like Mark of Chaos Undivided (and for some strange reason Spawns have the Tzeentch keyword ?). So, it would make sense to run an army with mixed Marks.  Or there are other options for playing the good old Undivided?
2 - Is it a good idea to mix Blades of Khorne with Slaves to Darkness? From the competitive point of view. I'm not a competitive player, but I don't want to have an unplayable army ? Or maybe I should wait for more Darkoath models to be released. I always loved an idea of a faction of human barbarians but GW did something like that only with Crom during the Storm of Chaos campaign.

A big hug to all of you guys and happy wargaming! ? 

There is no reason to not have a mark. Marks only affect keywords so the only reason to mix marks would be if you like the command abilities or mark benefit of the heros. For example if you want a chaos lord on manticore to have a 3+ save but also want a chaos lord on foot to let a unit run and charge you could give the manticore mark of nurgle and the lord on foot and your units mark of slaanesh.

The easiest thing to do would be give all your slaves to darkness units the mark of khorne so they become part of the blades of khorne so you get their allegiance ability, artifacts, and traits which will probably be better than slaves to darkness although that may change with the new generals handbook 

3 hours ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

The easiest thing to do would be give all your slaves to darkness units the mark of khorne so they become part of the blades of khorne so you get their allegiance ability, artifacts, and traits which will probably be better than slaves to darkness although that may change with the new generals handbook 

So, what kind of units would be most useful in order to expand my existing force and transforming them into Blades of Khorne?

More infrantry or maybe something a bit faster?
Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut, the Skullcannon and Mighty Skullcrushers?
Slaughterpriest? His ability to "drag" enemy units seems pretty cool.

Happy wargaming! 

Slaughterpriests are amazing especially with the extra prayers from the khorne allegiance, not only can they 'drag' or do damage they can also give +1 hit or save and unbind. I usually take 2 or more if I have the points. Wrathmongers are also an excellent unit that are good at neutralizing high damage enemy units. Bloodsacrators are an essential model for khorn armies.

How about something like this?

1000 points:

Mighty Lord of Khorne (General)
-Slaughterborn
-Gorecleaver

Slaughterpriest
-The blood-forged armour
-Killing Frenzy

Bloodsecrator
-Talisman of Burning Blood
-Banner of Blood

5x Wrathmongers

15x Chaos Warriors
-Mark of Khorne
-Chaos Runeshields

20x Chaos Marauders
-Mark of Khorne
-Damned Icon
-Flails & Shields

10x Bloodreavers

I almost always find a way to fit knights in..... with a lord on steed the +1 to hit and re rolling charges is too good to pass up. Especially now with the new command ability rules. Give them glaives for the rend and double damage.?

Let's see... ?

1k:

Lord of Khorne on Juggernaut:
-Slaughterborn
-Gorecleaver

Slaughterpriest
-The Blood-forged Armour
-Killing Frenzy

Bloodsecrator
-Talisman of Burning Blood
-Banner of Blood

5x Wrathmongers

5x Chaos Knights
-Mark of Khorne
-Chaos Glaives

10x Chaos Warriors
-Mark of Khorne
-Chaos Runeshields

20x Chaos Marauders
-Mark of Khorne
-Damned Icon
-Flails & Shields

Faster and more killy. 
It should do pretty well on the table ?

Happy wargaming!

42 minutes ago, NemoVonUtopia said:

As of now you only get one artifact since you don't have any warscroll battalions, you have three in your list. I think it will work the same in 2nd edition.

Ok, I need still to understand some of those things.

So, I will leave Gorecleaver and Slaughterborn on the Lord on Juggernaut and just take away the Blood-forged Armour from the Slaughterpriest and the Talisman of Burning Blood from the Bloodsecrator and I am good.

Right? ?

3 hours ago, Axebringer said:

Ok, I need still to understand some of those things.

So, I will leave Gorecleaver and Slaughterborn on the Lord on Juggernaut and just take away the Blood-forged Armour from the Slaughterpriest and the Talisman of Burning Blood from the Bloodsecrator and I am good.

Right? ?

Yes

• 2 weeks later...

Still got no occasion to try out proper Age of Sigmar rules but I keep playing with the skirmish ones.

Here is my 50 points warband:
Lord of Chaos (Lady of Wrath by Avatars of War)
2x Chosen (Wasteland Warriors of Wrath by Avatars of War)
Chaos Knight
3x Chaos Warriors

We used a homebrew method to get out points for units that are not covered in the skirmish book (yep, I know about the topic with all the points on this forum).

I played yesterday against the Orcs. It was a draw! ?

20180627_205356.jpg

20180627_213212.jpg

Archived