Daemon Cohort of Tzeentch

SugarMaple82

Question

Am I able to use the Daemon Cohort of Tzeentch battalion while keeping the Tzeentch allegiance? It is technically under the Daemons of Chaos allegiance in the Azyr app and it won't allow me to add it. 

Also clarification for the battalion - when it says "set the unit up with its starting number of models" do you pay the reinforcement cost? It seems like you would not, but I would like to clarify. 

1 answer to this question

8 hours ago, SugarMaple82 said:

Am I able to use the Daemon Cohort of Tzeentch battalion while keeping the Tzeentch allegiance? It is technically under the Daemons of Chaos allegiance in the Azyr app and it won't allow me to add it.

The Mainproblem is, that this Battalion is one of the compendium Battalions. While all other compendium Battalions were removed I don't know why the daemon compendium has still the same state. But there is still one problem. After the Generals Handbook 2017 was released the battalion doesn't have a legal pitched Battle profile for matched play (all point costs that are released before the GH2017 are invalid since the release).

If this wouldn't be the case there would be no problem to play it in a Tzeentch allegiance, because the Warscroll Battalion Description was changed in March 2017, that the Allegiance of the battalion could be chosen for the allegiance or if all units share a keyword this could be used instead.

8 hours ago, SugarMaple82 said:

Also clarification for the battalion - when it says "set the unit up with its starting number of models" do you pay the reinforcement cost? It seems like you would not, but I would like to clarify. 

The unit would count as a new unit and would cost reinforcement points

Archived