SCAdians playing AOS?

Ulf

Hi all

Just wondering how many other SCAdians (active or not) are on this forum? Always liked the idea of organizing a SCA-member gaming event, but most folks seem to lean more toward 40k.

-Ulf, East Kingdom, member of the CDIV (the fighting 404)

I've worked with the Society for Creative Anachronisms to art direct a cover shot for an ancient Imagic Swords & Serpents Intellivision video game in the 80s, and the dude had a great suit of armor (I got to paint the dragon on the shield!). But I've never donned armor and swung a phony sword myself. The best story I heard from SCA members in California was when they were out in their tents for a convention and Hell's Angel bikers rumbled in and started acting tough and making fun of them. The armored SCA guys put down their play swords, went into their tents, and came out with real swords, maces, spears, and bows. The bikers hastily departed. :o)

I've not participated with the SCA, but I did play Amtgard boffer fighting for a full year before other life obligations got in the way.  I'm actually planning on getting back into it in a few weeks in an attempt to get in better shape and lose weight.

When I first got into it, I did so with 3 of my other Warhammer buddies.  Two of them dropped out after 6 months, and I did after that year, but the fourth is still playing regularly.

I may even spend some of my hobby time and budget in the coming weeks on a set of chainmail or scale armor as well - nothing like adding 40 or 60 pounds of armor to you to help burn more calories, eh?

Archived