Unofficial expansion for Skirmish

Hi all

Since Skirmish was released I quickly realised that though it was a great set I kinda felt like it needed a little extra without creating to much paperwork and complications. A few more battleplans, injuries and a deeper narrative exploration of Shadespire and so it did not take long before I started working on this unofficial mini expansion for Age of of Sigmar: Skirmish called: Secrets of the Kataphranes.

Tomorrow I will start testing it on my local AOS group but before that any constructive criticicizm, or thoughts will be appreciated. So I here by bring you all a sneak peak of the basic rule changes and additions.

Please keep in mind that this is merely a first drafting so mispellings and such are to be expected since english isn't my first language but hopefully the rules will be easy enough to understand anyway.

Enjoy

UPDATED : many changes have been made to the original expansion and in order to keep it plain simple and true to the official Skirmish rules a lot of optional stuff was cut down. The new version of the Blood & Legends expansion is still being tested as many questions has yet to be answered and rules tweaked. Though not complete the B&L is very much ready to be used in any game of Warhammer: Skirmish. Though not yet suiteable for competive players. 

So  Please let me know if anyone would like a copy of the rules.  

IMG_1388.PNG

IMG_1389.PNG

IMG_1390.PNG

IMG_1391.PNG

IMG_1392.PNG

IMG_1393.PNG

IMG_1394.PNG

IMG_1395.PNG

• 1 month later...

In case anyone is following this project:

since this post we have been testing and tweaking this fanmade expansion. In a few days I will post the updated version. A LOT have been changed but we are having a great time playong the expansion. Here's a short overview:

The expansion has been renamed: Blood & Legends.

We try to keep it is simple and generic as possible while staying true to the Skirmish rules. the B&L focuses mainly on two things:

1.  Adding more players to a campaign

2. Warbands progress without growing out of hand.

To do this we found it made sense to divide any Skirmish campaign into three acts. Act I use only official skirmish rules allowing players to become familar with the system and build a solid warband. After three battles players step into Act II injuries and a new underdog table is introduced and reward renown is decreased. This is the main game. When a warband become so experienced and strong that it reach Act III an inducement and upkeep system simillar to the one found in blood bowl is added to the campaign.

So far Act III remain to be untested.

If anyone like I will keep posting about the Blood & Legends expansion but please do give it a like or a comment to let me know if it make sense to continue.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone 

Just updated the rules with the current version of the B&L unofficial expansion. The last page of the rules contain only a few notes to let you in on what we intend to add in the future. Though this expansion is mainly designed by me I do have a strong group of players that help me test my ideas and put some of those on hold.  Lately we have been toying with the ideas of implementing open war cards into Skirmish and maybe even put ruses on the underdog table.  Another thing that has taken a lot of focus is implementing  faction specific Alligiance abilities. Though fun this has proved to be a very difficult task as some of these really mess up how the game was intended to play out. So far it has worked but mainly because no one was power playing. However Warhammer: Skirmish since its very release has appeared to me like a game that tends to break fast when power played. Maybe we should accept that the game was never meant for power players when considering the alligiance abilities too? You tell me.

Blood & Legends briefly explained 

Act I: gives your warband a fair start. Earning high renown without the risk of loosing models.

Act 2: the bread and butter of the B&L expansion. Underdog table effectively gives underdogs a fighting chance. Warbands earn low income which keep warbands from growing out of hand.

Act 3: meant for warbands at 90+ renown. upkeep system will keep warbands at an even lower income. Stat increasements will be minor but might add lots of personality to warriors. 

Over all the set should present basic rules for any long term Skirmish campaign. Now it is up to your local group to create the campaigns, change the settings or take Warhammer Skirmish and Blood & Legends anywhere you want it to.

Archived