Dispossesed tactics

Tomm23

So recently aquired a decent sized dispossesed force. Having previously played undead without any sort of firepower, any tips or tricks that are good for dwarves? Baseline warriors, quarrelers, miners and artillery look good but is there a unit you ould stay clear of?

I've had reasonable luck with a large group of buffed up Hammerers and by reasonable I mean not tabled by turn five. Thunderers in a large group if you have cover on the board. Maxed out Warriors with a hero. Saves and Shield walls. It's the mortal wounds that get us both mitigating them and dealing them out.

If you come up with a strategy LET ME KNOW!

I was going to get a Dispossessed army as my next project, but due to economic factors, I was unable to.

However, my plan was the following:

Big blocks of Warriors with Two-handed Weapons and Shields

Equal sized units Hammerers and Ironbreakers to play as hammer and anvil.

A large squad or Irondrakes and Thunderers.

A small units of Longbeards to buff everyone.

Use a Warden King and couple Runelords to buff the units up like crazy (that extra Rend would be nasty on Irondrakes!), then expand into some human and elf armies - Celestial Hurricanum to boost the ranged units and a wizard for help out (Mystic Shield on the Ironbreakers would be really nice!).

I've gotten three games in with my dwarfs and there are some serious pros and cons but I am glad I built it.

The good:

Lots of range choices.

Good armor and rerolled saves in combat.

The grudgebound war throng with longbeard buff let's you reroll wounds and hits of one.

Magic (prayers) are really reliable magic.

The bad:

Artillery is easy to snipe.

Speed. It hurts how slow the army is.

Some of the best heroes and artillery are out of print.

I did not include mortal wounds because those suck for all armies. My last game was against 3 star drakes and I almost won. 

My favorite artillery so far is the bolt thrower. It's cheep enough that if it does die it to sniping it was a good distraction. And if it lives, it will hit hard and is great against heroes and monsters.

Archived