Nostalgia

Neil Parkes

Hi,

I originally played a Warhammer RPG back in the late 80s (it was similar to D&D). Then moved onto Warhammer fantasy, I've no idea what version it was back then. I remember having a skeleton army as they were the only plastic models you could get and were cheaper than everything else.

My kids started showing an interest recently, so I took a trip to the local games shop and found myself getting back into it. It's a good time to restart with the newer simpler rules. The kids love it and also Silver Tower.

Hello and welcome. Your story mirrors mine a lot (though I first tried my hand in the mid nineties). My nine year old kid and I went by the local gw store and new rules and all we were hooked! We were 'stoopid' enough to stop by two days before Christmas, and three two days after he got a himself a new little sister, Tzeentch had that one played perfectly.

Any way, what do you play and Hello!!

I'm currently playing Greenskinz (even if they are a bit rubbish compared to new armies). The 3 kids play; Seraphon, Aelfs and the youngest plays random Chaos stuff.

We also play Silver Tower, Bloodbowl, Zombicide and MTG.

I'm really looking forward to the AoS skirmish rules this weekend and Shadespire towards the end of the year.

Archived