Another returning player

Metsuri

Hi,

I'm another returning player. I played some 3rd edition in the early days of my hobby life, but the most I played 6th edition.

Then due to having kids I transferred to painting just for display for couple of years. Then last year I got the  Zombicide: Black Plague kickstarter and have been making good progress on getting those figs painted. That got me thinking of painting armies again and the Age of Sigmar plastics looked really good. Finally it was the Kharadon Overlords that drove me over the edge.

I'm planning on getting decent sized forces of the dwarves and chaos painted during the summer time to have some games with my son, let's see how that plan survives real life :)

Well, even with real life, you are working your way through Zombicide: Black Plague, so you can probably extrapolate how many miniatres you'll finish by the end of summer if your painting rate stays the same.

The current plastics are pretty amazing.  While I'm a metal miniature fan who got his first miniatures in the late 80s, I actually now prefer the plastic to even metal.  

I agree that the current wave of plastics from GW is top notch. It was the main reason drawing me back to Warhammer. It will be a welcome change to paint well defined miniatures after the board game plastic that is in Zombicide. 

I have managed about 30 painted figs this year so far, so keeping that pace I should have considerable force painted before winter comes again.

Archived