1k Tzeentch -- 2 Possibilities for a returning player.

midgetbob

I'm returning to Warhammer after a lull after 6th Edition. 

Wanting to get into Tzeentch since the undead are in a bad place at the moment, I came up with 2 possible lists:

List 1:

Let the Tzaangors screen while unleashing with the flamers / skyfires / mages. Pretty basic, easy to get things all together model wise.

Tzaangor Shaman -- General

Ogroid Thermaturge

3x Flamers of Tzeentch

10x Tzaangors

10x Tzaangors

3x Tzaangor Skyfires

1k/1k

List 2:

Pink Horror casting / shooting list. Sit back and let them come to me, and try getting 2 turns in a row. Once start losing pinks, they split into blues. Basically trying to blow everything up during casting / shooting phases, and outlasting some of the attrition when the blues pop in. Hope for some bouncing flames via flamers. This list would cost a bit more, getting all the pink / blue horrors, but they'll be needed in higher points anyways.

Tzaangor Shaman -- General

Ogroid Thermaturge

3x Flamers of Tzeentch

20x Pink Horrors

20x Pink Horrors

Advice, changes etc... I am waiting for my Tzeentch book to come in, so these lists might be moot once I can see some of the battalion etc stuffs that  might be more damaging during the low 1k entry games.

Personally I like the first list a bit better since it's a little more well rounded and lets you compete in every phase. Also the first list you could do a straight swap with the flamers for a unit of tzaangor enlightened and the tzaangor coven battalion. Hope that helps!

Archived