Getting into Ironjawz

axisandallies

Hello! New to the forums and to Ironjawz. They are my preferred army. My club plays 1700 points, and i need a good list for whomever i'm paired with. I have:

1 Megaboss on Foot
6 Gore gruntas
15 Brutes
10 ardboys
1 shaman
1 warchanter

Other destruction I have:
Icewind Assault Box
Mangler Squig
Aleguzzler Gargant

Any ideas on what i could build out of this? I'm not opposed to adding in some arraboys from Bonesplittas or Gobos if necessary. Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have been having good luck with an identical list myself, drop 6 of your Gore-gruntas for a second Megaboss and it is my list!

I find that my biggest weaknesses are:

1.  Lack of shooting.  If a Wizard gets up on top of a Balewind Vortex, I have NOTHING to deal with him, and your list is the same.  I would recommend some ranged shooting units of some kind.  Our only ranged output is our Wizard, and sometimes that just doesn't do enough.

2.  Lack of Mortal Wound output.  Same as before, the Shaman is the only source of dishing out Mortal Wounds to enemy units.

A Maw-crusha has some help in ranged and Mortal Wound attacks, but that's not really why someone takes a Maw-crusha, is it?

I don't know what I would add to your army, since I am struggling with that myself.  I am conflicted between finishing out my Ironjawz, adding in some Greenskins Boar units, or working on another army entirely.  I would probably look at Greenskin or Bonesplittaz Archer units for the Dakka, and try to make sure they are Battleline, since mixing Allegiances like that would break the Ironjawz theme and require a whole bunch more other units (unless you aren't worried about that in your club).

Archived