How many Stormcast heroes?

Riddlesworthy

So I built a classic "Hammer and Anvil" Stormcast list, using dracoth as the hammer rather than paladins. Problem is I ended up with 5 heroes, and i really see a list with more than 3 and I'm actually struggling to see what else the Lord Relictor adds

Spoiler

Lord-Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals
- Dracoth Trait: Drake-kin
Lord-Castellant (100)
- Mystic Light: Lantern of the Tempest
Knight-Vexillor (140)
- Meteoric Standard
- Treasured Standard: Lichebone Standard
Lord-Relictor (80)
- Prayer: Bless Weapons
Knight-Heraldor (120)
5 x Liberators (100)
5 x Liberators (100)
5 x Liberators (100)
5 x Judicators (160)
5 x Judicators (160)
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (80)
3 x Prosecutors with Stormcall Javelins (80)
4 x Fulminators (480)
Thunderhead Brotherhood (80)

Total: 2000/2000

If I drop the relictor, there's points for a Knight Azyros to support shooting, or 80 points to make the fulminators into concussors, but I kinda like the traditional heavy cav charge and retreat synergy with the Heraldor

So yeah, I see the Lord Relictor in a lot of lists lately. I'm just not sold on them. I guess that's inexperience.

Relictor is showing up more cause he's dirt cheap for what he does.   He can heal your units or do mortal wounds+a debuff to enemies and gets to choose one of the new prayers.  Plus he's a halfway decent fighter.  

He gets bonus points from me cause I think he looks amazing. 

Lord Relictor and Lord Veritants are both priests, and thus have access to the prayers, 3 of which are super awesome: Divine Light, Bless Weapon and Lightning Chariot. Divine Light is pretty straightforward: mark an enemy unit to make it easier to destroy it, or mark a friendly unit to make them sturdier. This can be crucial against enemies that do mortal wounds on rolls of 6s. Bless weapon is downright filthy when you cast it on units that have good volume of attacks, such as juds + crossbows, hurricane raptors, or decimators. Great on retributors as well! Finally, Lightning Chariot is where the money's at. Put a relictor with a bunch of hard hitters, and once they're done wiping one side of the table, teleport them to the other side of the table to continue their lawnmowing.

All that and 2 other prayers (lightning storm and healing storm) for 80 points. No wonder it's being picked up more nowadays!

Archived