The escape

Kosmion

Hey foks

I dont know about you, but picking up warhammer (in this case fantasy - aos rather) something like a year ago was then, and has since been a sort of an escape for me. A way to escape to a fantastical world filled with mystery and wonders. It was when i was young too now that i think about it, an escape i mean. I always loved how the warhammer world is completely unnatural and goofy, yet has it roots in things that are so real and crucial to us people: religion, gods, cultures etc. To me, going to the old world is like going somewhere safe. A place where i know how things are, and many lines are drawn very clearly. I know if something is simply "good" or "evil", and also why. 

When life hits you hard i for one really appreciate this magnificant world that GW has created for me to ingulf!

Amen, brother! I personally find that for me it's not even so much immersion in the world that keeps me going but just the hobby (and the great games with new friends!) that have made the hard parts of life so much easier to slog through lately. 

Archived