Tomb Kings list for a small event

bottomfeeder

I'm prepping for a small local event, but haven't really played a whole heck of a lot of AoS.  I've had my Tomb Kings for years, but generally ignored them for 40k, but recently my brother has been AoS curious and I'd been slowly converting my squares to rounds and we're going to get our faces punched as a family.

I'm looking at one of the two following lists for the event, but don't really know what would be considered annoying/terrible to play against.  So I'm just trying to make sure my list doesn't cave like a bag out in the rain or feature anything that would make anyone turn sour just by looking at it.  After all I'm a terrible player...I'll need those sportsmanship points.

Any suggestions? (They're pretty similar lists)  I've got a little of everything, but the things below are what I've got painted.  So I might be willing to swap out a unit or two for something that isn't on one of these lists but right now I'm a little worried I don't have enough units/bodies for 1000pts.

Allegiance: Death  - List #1

Leaders
Prince Apophas
Liche Priest
- General
- Trait: Ruler of the Night
- Artefact: Ring of Immortality

Battleline
10 x Skeleton Warriors
- Ancient Blades
10 x Skeleton Warriors
- Ancient Blades
3 x Skeleton Chariots

Units
6 x Ushabti
- Ritual Blade Stave
6 x Ushabti
- Ritual Blade Stave

Total: 980/1000

Allegiance: Death - List #2 

Leaders
Prince Apophas (80)
Liche Priest (120)
- General
- Trait: Ruler of the Night
- Artefact: Ring of Immortality

Battleline
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
- Ancient Blades
10 x Skeleton Warriors (80)
- Ancient Blades

Units
6 x Ushabti
- Ritual Blade Stave
6 x Ushabti
- Ritual Blade Stave
10 x Tomb Guard
- Tomb Blade

You really want a Necrotect with those Ushabti - even more so if you run the Tomb Guard. Otherwise, cool lists. It's very slow, so I think that is going to give you some trouble. The Necrotect helps a little with that too. You could also consider swapping 10 Skeleton Warriors for 5 Skeleton Horsemen. Good luck!

Thanks.  I'm working to get my chariots up and running but I don't know if I can get them ready in a week.  

Do you generally find movement more important than bodies, or is a mix of fast units with one or two hordes a better path?

I'm sadly short of a necrotect so I'll have to figure out a conversion of some kind.

I generally tend to prefer a mix of the two. A unit of 5 Horsemen for example is very useful for rushing up and capturing an objective, for standing in the way of charges, and for a number of other things really. Chariots can also fill this role. A fast unit is a very handy tool to have in your list, it makes your army very flexible.

Bodies are of course also very important. You really need a balance in your list to be able to handle any situation. Or, you go really hard for one thing and hope that you don't get countered :)

Archived