Flesh-eater Court advice.

The Obsidian Lord

Hello! As I am a little new to the entire Age of Sigmar wargaming side of things, I have recently finished building about 2,500 points worth of Flesh Eater Courts. So I would like some advice on the list I use for the 2,000 points part as that is the "Main" segment, the aditional 500 points I will happily admit needs some work but, I'm working with what I have at this moment in time.

General:
1 x Ghoul King on Foot 100 points Trait: Ruler of the night/Red Fury. Artefact: Tomb Blade. ( I will also not I use the Death Grand Alliance book Ghoul king aswell for his command ability)

Hero:
1 x Varghulf 160 points Artefact: Cloak of mist and Shadows/ Cursed Book

Ghoul Patrol: 100 points
20 x Crypt Ghouls 200 points
20 x Crypt Ghouls 200 points
10 x Crypt Ghouls 100 points
1 x Crypt Ghast Courtier 80 points

Attendants at Court: 100 points
1 x Crypt Haunter Courtier 120 points Artefact: Cursed Book/ Cloak of mist and Shadows.
9 x Crypt horrors 420 points
9 x Crypt horrors 420 points

So I built this list under the basis of I -really- like how tanky Crypt horrors are, so I wanted to work a semi-large group into an army, I was then informed in my first ever game by the manager of my local store that I can use an alternate Ghoul King, which has the command ability: Lord of the Flesh Eaters: +1 to hit and to wound to FEC units in 18" of him. Using this with Attendants at Court gives me a +2 to hit and wound. Making pretty much EVERYTHING in range, hit and wound on 2s

So basicly I'm just wondering what people think of what I've done here, this is literally just from reading through the books and seeing what I like and how I feel I'd like my force to work. I use the Ghoul Patrol for flanking or getting them cheeky charges within my Boon Bubble's reach as I like to call it. The artefacts on the Varghulf and Haunter vary as I like to mix and match them depending how I plan to deploy as I get plans/ ideas before the game starts of how I envision my
deployment. If I don't feel like running the ghoul patrol itself I do up the third unit of ghouls to 20.

So in a nutshell, what do people think? Advise, critic, I'm open to everything really. 

I find that Horrors, while good, fail miserably against anything with even a semi-decent save.  I love them, but I find myself often wishing I had more Flayers and less Horrors just so I have something with a Rend.  Also, I have found Ghoul Patrol to not be as great as it seems, only because having to keep 9" away often means you have to set them up at the very edge of the board; the auto-regen might make it still worth taking, but sometimes I think fielding another 10 ghouls somewhere might be better overall, however keep in mind my group very rarely likes to use scenarios so YMMV as being able to grab/contest objectives can be super useful.

Archived