Bond of Hatred

SpiritofHokuto

Question

Don't know if this has been covered before, but how does the Celestial Vindicators Warrior Chamber "Bonds of Hatred" ability work?

From what I can see it essentially does nothing as the extension of the Celestial Supercharge is meaningless as you still have to drop within 6" of the Prosecutors and the buff to wound doesn't appear to be a bubble around them.

Am I just reading it wrong?

3 answers to this question

I guess if you drop the Paladins further away but still within 12" (using, say, the SE allegiance ability) then they would still get the bonus to wound. My real answer is that as usual the people writing the rules aren't as familiar with the rules and abilities as they should be and actually thought they were making it do something else.

21 hours ago, Nico said:

Presumably if you long-bomb charged some distance, you could stay within the larger bubble. It might just be a simplicity change.

The way the ability is written, it's not a bubble effect. You don't have to stay within the 6" to get the bonus. You just have to be brought in within the 6" (which you have to do anyway).

Archived