Chaos/skaven

choppa6189

Ok just really wanted to try out stormfiends with shock gauntlets, so the idea is they get 18inch move from sayl and get +1 to hit from packmaster/lord of war and maybe unpredictable destruction so there shock gauntlets can get alot of extra hits. Not sure about the warp lightning cannons just threw them in as some ranged support. Need as many thoughts or ways to improve the list as im going to proxy the cannons in a game tomorrow to test it but can proxy anything so any help pls.

Verminlord Deceiver - General - Trait: Lord of War - Artefact: Chaos Runeblade

Packmaster - Herding Whip & Blade

Sayl The Faithless

6 x Stormfiends - Warplaced Armour & Shock Gauntlets

10 x Clanrats - Rusty Spear
20 x Plaguebearers

Warp Lightning Cannon
Warp Lightning Cannon
Warp Lightning Cannon

I think the WLC is way more reliable for damage. You've removed the 'to hit' variable and move right on to mortal wounds. Given average rolls, the WLC will put out 9 Mortal wounds where Jezzails put out 6. If you roll all 6's and only wound once per WLC that's still 3 Mortal wounds. They also have 6 wounds each and a 4+ save in the shooting phase. I like Jezzails, they can do great but I've got lots of practical use from WLC and I know they are great :)

The last 540 points i spent on the WLC can be spent on anything that will help the main part of the army, i just thought i needed some ranged support, still not sure :)

Other option was adding verminlord corruptor to mystic shield and use command ability on the stormfiends, leaving me 300 pts.

Updated the core part of the list. Need help with last 400 points still though.

Verminlord Deceiver - Artefact: Chaos Runeblade
Throt the unclean - General
Sayl The Faithless
6 x Stormfiends - Warplaced Armour & Shock Gauntlets
30 x Bloodletters

Now i was thinking of adding a verminlord warpseer and a chaos sorcerer to make the army more survivable or even maybe be'lakor with the last 400 points, if anyones got any experience with those models and found them good please let me know.

Archived