Tournaments, Balance, and Curating our Community

The magic of AoS is such that I nevertheless lost this game (and this was before Thundertusks learned how to outheal Alarielle); and Paul went on to perform very well in the event! Naturally I lost because of this mighty Gorger (which my Tomb King on foot - forever known as Derpy....) failed to charge at the key moment. At least I tabled Paul's army. In the next game, I finally saw the Necrosphinx 10 mortal wound ability kick in (from my very gentlemanly opponent's Necrosphinx onto mine - losing me the game in turn one - talk about double edged sword - along with the rather cunning spam summon Zombros onto every piece of scenery trick). I did ultimately get my revenge on Paul's Beastclaw and Kunning Rukk list at Blood & Glory.

Both games were of course an absolute joy for the pair of us.                                                                                                                                                            

Anyway, hopefully this gives some indication of some aspects of the evolution of the game and certainly explains my preference for recosting stuff or where strictly necessary modest rules tweaks and ideally by clarifying/amending specific scrolls through the FAQ rather than the core rules and rarely wielding the ban hammer.

IMG_3549_1.JPG

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting post and heard the podcast today. I admit I maybe outside of this as I always just play what I like don't really care much for competitive. If it's a tourney, after game 1 or 2 we go our separate ways (me down to bottom tables) xD

But the psych effect of a "meta"  I find fascinating. Much has already been said so just nods.

Archived