2k Khorne Burghbound Army List

Grudgegamer

OK, so here is my 2k Khorne Bloodbound army list that I would like feedback on.  Firstly, I want to say that these are the models I own, so perhaps not the ideal choices.  Second, it is Burghbound because I live in Pittsburgh and decided to go with a black and yellow paint scheme.  Third, I am not sure how the beastmen really work with the Khorne units, but every book I have read there is always some beastmen sent to die.  It also allowed me to take a wizard, and while Khorne doesn't like magic, I figured the Master of Skulls might be an exception.   Any advice would be greatly appreciated before I commit to fully painting it up.

LEADERS
Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- General
- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer
- Artefact : Favour of the Gods
- Command Trait : Great Destroyer

Bloodsecrator (120)

Bloodstoker (80)

Slaughterpriest (100)
- Hackblade and Wrath Hammer

Morghur, Master of Skulls (120)

Wargor Standard Bearer (80)
- Artefact : Crown of Conquest

UNITS
Blood Warriors x 10 (200)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
- Goreglaive : 1

Bloodreavers x 20 (120)
- Reaver Blades

Bloodreavers x 20 (120)
- Reaver Blades

Bloodreavers x 20 (120)
- Meatripper Axes

Mighty Skullcrushers x 6 (320)
- Glaives

Chaos Warshrine x 1 (200)

Gors x 30 (240)
- Gor Blade & Beastshield

BATTALIONS
Dark Feast (100)

WOUNDS: 183 TOTAL POINTS: 2000 / 2000

• 4 weeks later...

OK, so here is my updated list.  It has evolved since my last undertaking.  While I did enjoy the beastmen addition, the lack of the Khorne keyword made it feel like an additional army and not part of the whole.  I am still questioning which chaos traits and artifacts are the best.   Any insight on the army, or on what and whom artifacts  should go to would be most helpful.  Thanks.

LEADERS
Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- General
- Command Trait : Great Destroyer
- Bloodaxe and Wrath Hammer
- Artefact : Beguiling Gem

Bloodsecrator (120)

Bloodsecrator (120)

Bloodstoker (80)
- Artefact : Crown of Conquest

Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe

Slaughterpriest (100)
- Hackblade and Wrath Hammer

UNITS
6 x Mighty Skullcrushers (320)
- Glaives

30 x Bloodreavers (180)
- Reaver Blades
- Battleline

20 x Bloodreavers (120)
- Meatripper Axes
- Battleline

20 x Bloodreavers (120)
- Meatripper Axes
- Battleline

20 x Chaos Warriors (360)
- Halberd & Shield
- Battleline

1 x Chaos Warshrine (200)

BATTALIONS
Dark Feast (100)

WOUNDS: 184 TOTAL POINTS: 2000 / 2000

I've thought that Beastmen could work well for Khorne, since they can compensate what Khorne lacks, which is speed. But using them with a Bray-Shaman and just a few units of Gors to fulfill your Battleline tax was the idea, then piling on the Charots, Knights, Skull and Bloodcrushers was the way to go. 

As your list is now, I'll tell you what I get told all of the time "It's too slow." Bloodstoker's and the Mighty Lord would help whip the Khorne units into pace and make them more reliable on the charge at the very least. Slaughterpriest's can help your enemies come to you. I'd also recommend Wrath Mongers as they're great at making your enemy kill themselves. 

43Aae67.png

This was my idea for how I had planned to use Gor's with Bloodbound effectively. I'm sensitive to your model selection and only post it here for inspiration. 

Archived