Daemon Tzeentch + Khorne and some potential mods

misthv

Background
Me and my brother played WFB and 40K 15+ years ago. We picked up AoS a year ago and started playing again. He went for Stormcast and me Bloodbound. He quickly got tired of Stormcast and started playing Death (lotsa vampires and etheral stuff). I expanded my Bloodbounds, mainly with Khorne daemons feeling it lacked dynamics without. Then GHB came a long with its allegiances and stuff and I started looking at building a daemon only army. My brother's Death army was so boring to play against (etheral, insane gap closing moves, ward saves of 5+, regenerative units) and with no real ranged to pick out heroes (yes, I have the Slaughterpriest), and it ended up with him buying a Sylvaneth army which we both like. (Lotsa Wyldwood's though...). Then, Disciples of Tzeentch came a long (I've been expecting it since Silver Tower was released) and I'm thinking of ditching my Bloodbounds going Tzeentch all the way + whatever I can complement with.

Conditions for the questions
* I'm building a daemon only (well some applicable mortals could be thrown in) army based of Tzeentch (yes, I know it hasn't been released yet, but I'm sure you all have enough experience to guess what type of army its going to be).
* Army likely to be built in 1,000 -> 1,500 -> 2,000 increments. I don't paint a lot but a blue base paint takes me a long way ;)
* Money is not really an issue but I like to reuse as much as possible.
* Army mainly going to play Sylvaneth, some occational Death and Stormcast.
* As Disciple of Tzeentch is actualy released in Januray I'm hoping this thread could be alive until then :-)
* I'm thinking of buying Everchosen Archaon if he's worth the money! :-) I kind of love that old model.

All my current units

Skärmavbild 2016-12-31 kl. 10.15.29.png

Questions
1) I do want the Tzeentch allegiance
a) can I somehow rely on summoning to not break allegiance, what models to summon with and what models to summon?
b) Battle formation allowing me other chaos daemons/mortals to join up to create more dynamics?

2) What army list would you try to build?
a) What would be the main tactics against Sylvaneth (lotsa Kurnoth, Treelords, Revenants)?
b) What would be the main tactics against Death (lotsa Vampires and skeletons and a few nasty monsters and heroes on huge things)

3) Could I do some easy but cool mods to reuse some stuff? 
a) E.g. my Khorne daemons or any other model I have, especially Bloodthirster which I love the model of.
b) Could convert the Blood Warriors to Chaos warriors of Tzeentch as an example, do I need an additional kit to add some shields or something, tips?
c) Fun stuff to do with Skullcrushers (I like small units of cavalry!)

Big thanks if we could initiate an interesting discussion! :-) Happy new year!

you cant have all this units and want tzeentch alliegance??, sorry bro but no xD.

a) you cant have mortal khorne units, cause this units havent the tzeentch keyword and cant summon it.

maybye you can summon ALL the daemons, but you need waste 7 spell attempts to do it.

b)No battle formations for tzeentch mortals and daemons right now

3) you can transform some blood warriors to warriors of chaos tzeentch marked, you only need warriors of chaos shields, you can buy a box of warriors of chaos or the start colecting of slaves and mount the warriors with two hand weapons or also buy the two handed weapons kit, and put it in the warriors of chaos, then the shields remain for your bloodwarriors.

But you cant pretend go as tzeentch with all you units having khorne keyword xD.

For remain loyal to tzeentch alliegance ALL your units need have tzeentch keyword, thats all bro.

Well - sure, I know I can't have 'em all! :-) I'm just trying to rationalise buying a tzeentch army! I know the mortal units are out of the question (if tzeentch won't offer a sylvaneth style "include a order unit" battle formation for chaos), and ofc I might be able to convert a few of them into Chaos warriors. Then I figured, because of the destiny system I could at least "guarantee" a couple of summons of Khorne daemons :-) I figured I could create a magic heavy, fast moving and ranged base formation of Tzeentch and summon a couple of hard hitters from Khorne. Any thoughts welcome :-)

ok!! :)

then you have the chaos wizard, you can mark it as tzeentch and thats ir 8im going to do, because his buffs are awesome, a bit expensive yes but the buffs are so good for me), And theFlamers.

And also you can sumon a skull cannon and the flesh hounds, beause they are so fast and cheapy, and they can unbind one spell, and the skull canon improve your army with the cannon shoot his shoot is better than the canon, have more chances of go in).

I dont recomend sumon anything else, cause the wrath of khorne have high casting value, and rpobably you waste 2 or 3 cast to finally summon it.

For the tactics.... we need wait and see the new stuff and rules xD.

Another good summon is the herald of slanesh mounted, for 60 points you have an super fast hero and he is pretty hitty :D but you haven't it xD.

And its all, if you want transform blood warriors in tzeentch chaos warriors you only need chaos shields to do it :) (or you can paint as tzeentz themend and just say he have two hand weapons xD)

Given that Battleline Pink Horrors can summon the easy stuff and the LoC or Heralds can pretty reliably summon the harder casts (even the 11 for 20 Bloodletters or whatever it is) - and especially with one 6 Destiny Dice on the LoC for a straight 12 cast! I would say that summoning other Daemons while keeping DoT allegiance is going to be the revitalisation Chaos needs.

13 hours ago, Nico said:

Given that Battleline Pink Horrors can summon the easy stuff and the LoC or Heralds can pretty reliably summon the harder casts (even the 11 for 20 Bloodletters or whatever it is) - and especially with one 6 Destiny Dice on the LoC for a straight 12 cast! I would say that summoning other Daemons while keeping DoT allegiance is going to be the revitalisation Chaos needs.

This is super interesting! 

Regardless, would you guys say Tzeentch and Khorne is a good combo? :-)

Archived