Painting Phoenix guard and Frostheart

Yondaime

Hi guys

I just bought a phoenix guard and a frostheart phoenix

I would like to make a very shining gold armor for them, any advice?

With the frostheart i searched for tutorial on the net but everyone seems to use airbrushes, which i havent, could you give me some tips to make that blazing/burning effect?

Ty in advance :D 

Ad for the frostheart just do thin layers, if you want to do the frosty verision undercoat the main body black and the wings white. Leave a rim of white near the main body and then go from the lightest blue you can find through to the darkest. If you use citadel paints you could use Lothern blue, Teclis blue, caledor sky and macragge blue. I'd advice going like this: edge of white thin line of 50:50 mix white and lothern blue then pure lothern blue, 50:50 lothern/teclis and so o  all the way out to pure macragge blue and from that mix in a bit of black then use a blur glaze on the blur parts (leave the white) and then shade the darkest parts (the tips of the wings). I did some thing similar with my frosty but with greens, you should be able to check my gallery for some picture referenses. For the main body just pick a blue base and either edge highlight the feathers or drybrush. Hope it helps.

Archived