Really Useful Boxes for army storage

Phantajisto

Anyone using these? They seem pretty good. Just wondering what sizes are the best fit for AoS models and stack well together.

I'm think of a few of these for infantry:

11 litre Really Useful Box - External 456 x 356 x 120 - Internal 375 x 310 x 091 mm

and this for bigger stuff:

21 litre Really Useful Box - External 450 x 350 x 200 - Internal 370 x 300 x 175 mm

The main issue is getting the right height so the models fit neatly. I'm also thinking about metal sheet or magnetic paper to line them.

Any recommendations?

If you get creative and use all the surfaces within the boxes you can do a lot with very little. 

In a 9 litre I have:
1 Treelord Ancient, 1 Branchwych, 1 Branchwraith, 32 Dryads, 10 Tree Revenants, 12 Kurnoth Hunters. And I have two walls spare for even more. 

In a 12 litre I have:
1 Terrorgheist (sideways), 1 Zombie Dragon, 6 Flayers, 6 Horrors, 1 Haunter Courtier, 1 Flayer Courtier, 1 Horror Courtier, King on Foot and 60 Ghouls (up the sides).

I really really recommend them. 

Further to that. That setup required 5 of these rubber steel sheets:

http://www.tinyworlds.co.uk/magnets/rubber-steel-sheets

Plus some neodymium magnets from Ebay. The Both Rubber Steel and Flexible Magnetic Sheeting have no polarity, but Flexible Magnetic sheeting can lose it's potency over a few years if left in contact with another magnet. Hence my 8th ed movement trays being trash now. 

Rough guide:

Terrorgheist and Zombie Dragon: 4x 6x2mm Magnets
Treelord Ancient: 2x 6x2mm Magnets
Horrors, Haunters and Kurnoth Hunters: 1x 4x2mm Magnets
Dryads, Ghouls, Revenants, FEC hero's: 1x 3x2mm Magnets

All of these are set in Milliput and squashed flat to be flush with the base. Superglue on the Milliput to bond with both the magnet and the base is a must. 

Thanks, that's really helpful!  I'll look into rubber steel to line the boxes. I think I have used magnetic paper before but it did seem to degrade as you say.

I was thinking of storing the boxes upside down with the models magnetised to the inside of the lid, but will conside using the sides of the box as well.

Archived