Spiderfang Grots 2000pt list

Broken Netcode

Hey guys just theorycrafting this list and would like to see what you think!

Leaders
Arachnarok Spider With Grot Shaman (280)
Arachnarok Spider With Grot Shaman (280)
Grot Big Boss On Gigantic Spider (100)
- General
- Trait: Bellowing Tyrant
- Artefact: Talisman of Protection

Units
Grot Spider Riders x 25 (500)
Grot Spider Riders x 20 (400)
Grot Spider Riders x 20 (400)

Total: 1960/2000

For one, all models move over terrain as if it were not there so easy point capping. Since the spider riders have both bows and spear+shield, in the shooting phase the army dishes out 130 shooting attacks a turn despite it being a 5+/5+ shooting profile. In combat, if buffed by an arachnarok spell and Big boss command ability, a unit of spider riders with 40-50 spider attacks deal double mortal wounds on a 5+, meaning on average 26-33 mortal wounds in one go. Second arachnarok is for an insurance incase one of them die so I still have a spell to use. Its a fast moving army with a minimum movement of 8". Sure there are low saves and it will suffer against stuff like kunnin rukk and skyre, but it seriously seems like this is a great list for dealing with any combat orientated army.

It's good, but very mono dimensional. What will you do against a gunline behind a bunker for example?

Alpha strike armies will have a field day as your walling off units are expensive, poorly armoured and have bad bravery. Skyborne Slayers could probably global two of the 3 Spider units in one turn. A Beastclaw Raider army would do the same.

I would take a unit of Moonclan Grots with a few single model units of fanatics to stop that happening and maybe a pair of Rock Lobbas.

I would not make a mono spiderfang army without the Spiderfang Venommob battalion. You would have to drop the spider riders to 3 units of 15 but you get an additional battle brew for an arachnarok and that is insane. 

The battalion makes everything withing 8" of an arachnarok immune to battleshock (GREAT for spiderfang) as well as +1 to wound (sick).

The battalion is a must have in mono spiderfang imo. You need 3 big spiders though.

Archived