Gorbull, doom bull army not using the battlion option

Arathorn

Hello,

I fancy painting/ collecting some warherd units and I am trying to make a reasonable army with them. unfortunately I think a little more care and attention could  have  gone into the gorbull abilities and stats , especially the doombull. anyway I am trying to make what I can out of them. I dont really want to use the warscroll battlion despite the abilities being great for just a 1000pt battle as I think they are quite unprotected without support. So instead I have gone for a bit more versatility. Essentially I want to get the charge with my gorebull units as  they are very susceptible if attack first, but in order to do  this  you need other units to tie or block enemy units from charging first. So here are a couple of my army options I am  thinking of: 

1x doombull    120pts

1x unit of 3 gorbulls( great weapons) 180pts

1x unit 3 gorbulls ( shields) 180pts

1x cygor  200pts

1x choas sorcerer 140pts

1units 10x ungor 60pts 

1 unit 20ungor 120pts

Total 1000pts

I chose the cygor to have a range unit to take out important characters or wizards, if  you keep  him close to the doombull with the +1 hit generals ability he can hit his rock on 3+. 

The sorcerer casts a spell that allows rerolls of 1s on to hit, wound and save rolls, which will give the gorbulls some extra killing power. As well.as mystic shield for the weak save of the bulls. Although for 140points he is quite pricey. 

I picked one unit of shielded gorbulls to help take on hordes or hold an objective,  giving  them some staying power, but maybe its better to swap  them out for another great weapon unit. 

OTHER options: 

Get rid of the cygor for another 3 gorbull great weapons. 

Or get rid of sorcerer for 20 ungor raiders to take out skirmishes and led more fire power, also can be further used as a blocking unit. 

Or get rid of a sorcerer and ungor unit for 3 more gorbulls with great weapons. 

I do  like the sorcerer though as I will be trying to commit only one gorbull unit in a combat phase so I can buff whichever unit is  fighting. 

Anyway, any thoughts or other options would be appreciated. I have thought of wrath mongers too as they add 1 attack to.models within 3 inches, which would make the bulls very puncy , 10 attacks with -2 rend, 3 damage each, would be very strong, along with increasing the chance of extra attacks on +5 to wound.

The doombull unfortunately isnt  that punchy in combat using the supportive command traits. I  think gw should have  given more traits tbh , even ravenous blood greed like the gourgon and automatic d3 mortal wounds on a charge. however  they didn't so I am stuck with a slightly better dwarf lord with great weapon.

Archived