Clan Eshin

Obtenebris

Just wondering what people think of the Clan Eshin stuff and if it can be effectively(not necessarily tournament winning) by itself? I was digging through some old boxes and found about 50 Night Runners, some Gutter Runners, and several assassins including the old Deathmaster model I forgot I had. Now I might run them and get a Verminlord Deceiver to be their general. However, I'm curious if they can be effective alone or if they need supplements from other Chaos forces, be those Skaven of other Clans or daemons or mortals.

• 2 weeks later...

It all depends. I saw a review of an Eshin force on YouTube a few weeks ago. The Eshin line-up is all about the vermin lord. The troops might get a few good hits in but it is more about attacking with the shurikans then dying horribly. But that is what skaven do. The vermin lord lays down the pain and teleports away. So in this respect you have an army that supports The Lord rather than a lord that supports and army. Something else to keep in mind is how fast the Eshin force is. Use your movement to separate you opponent or focus on one flank. Think of dark eldar in 40k for mobility but the dmg focus is on your lord.

Archived