Pallid Fiends

1 hour ago, ElectricPaladin said:

Some folks on Facebook recommended that I check out this video of the famous Duncan. I haven't watched it, myself, yet, but I figured I'd leave it here so I don't loose it.

Not sure, I painted one of my ghouls that way but I think it is too pale. I would like to have them more blue.

I washed it with 50-50 camoshade and water afterwards and it got a little better with that sick green hue. 

Duncan often show us the paint splatter style but I think that is often a little too simple way of painting. 

3 hours ago, Undead4Life said:

Oh snap! I just remembered I saved this link for later because I want to try this technique:

http://spikyratpack.blogspot.com/2014/02/pale-skin-tutorial.html?m=1

It may be better for other types of undead (I'm gonna try it on my Mourngul) but it's impressive either way!

Yeah... this is a little too groody/dirty for your average civilized vampire. It would be good for ghouls or vargheists, though!

I've been Googling around, and I found this post on From the Warp. It's mostly about Dark Eldar, but it has lots of different interpretations of the "pallid but not rotten looking" effect, so it would probably be good to post here.

I think my favorite look is probably base light grey, wash Asurmen Blue, highlight with grey, but the purpley ones are tempting as well.

Archived