2000p Sylvaneth

Primarch

So I'm putting together a Sylvaneth army for a tournament in the spring. I'm basing it around the start collecting box and two battalions. This is what I'm thinking of taking.

Gnarlroot Wargrove 80p

Treelord Ancient 300p

Branchwych 100p

10 Tree-revenants 200p

Free spirit Battalion 40p

Spirit of Durthu 400p

2x3 Hunters with bows 360p

3 Hunters with scythes 180p

10 Dryads 120p

20 Dryads 240p

Total: 2020p

The idea is to have Durthu and the scythe wealding hunters to get into combat asap while the hunters with bows use the free movement to maximize shooting. The Ancient and Branchwych will heal the combat units and the Dryads and Revenats will be objective grabbers. I am thinking of skipping the free spirit battalion and "only" take 2 units of hunters, in favour of beefing up the Dryads to 2x30 for extra survivabilty. That should also free up points to put in an order wizard of my choice as per the Gnarlroot wargrove rules. I have not thought about whar magic items to use so if you have any suggestions they are wellcome.

Please tell me what you think :)

P.S Bonus pic (in bad light) of what I have painted atm

IMG_20161016_180511.jpg

looks pretty sweet. but 2020, isn't 2000, you can't go beyond that in matched play (unless it's just a friendly game ofc, and your opponent says go for it) plus, I'm pretty sure you have to pay the cost of a household, to be able to run Gnarlroot wargrove

Drop 5 Revenants, pay for Household and you're good to go. I'm using a very similar list to start out with - minus 10 dryads and plus 3 Kurnoth Hunters in this case. The army is looking great - what did you use for your scatter?

Kurnoth hunters, get more hunters!!!!!!! 

Im also considering using a unit of 10 tree revenants for gunline assaulting and/or objective grabbing. I love their teleport rule!

i think 1 unit of 20 dryads is enough. There is enough staying power there to hold your own, especially in a wood.

Ah, didn't know you had to pay for the household as well..... guess I could do what @Tommm suggest and just drop 5 revenants, but it feels a bit crazy to pay over 100 points just for battalion rules though :/ Another way to do it would be to drop the free spirit battalion and teleport Durthu and the hunters through the world roots and get them into combat that way. @Dracothjay I need 3 battleline units at 2000p so can't drop the dryad unit. 

@NaftaliDK how have you been coming on with that list and what items are you using?

I used galeforce nine's atumn flock (I think that is what it's called)

• 5 weeks later...

Ok so since I haven't gotten around to buying any more models for the army I am now finding myseld in a perdicament as a result of the coming battleforce box for sylvaneth. the box has the hunters and the tree lord I need for my army but I'd also get 10 more revenants/spites and Drycha. Now the deal is too good to pass up on but tje question is how it will affect my army composition. What would you guys do if you had:

9 kurnoth hunters (3 with bows)

16 dryads

Treelord ancient

Branchwych

5 Tree Revenants

10 Spite/ Tree revenants

Ancient/Durthu

Drycha.

What I'm thinking now is to drop tje 20 dryads from the original list and add 5 more revenants and a Loremaster to start with as I'd like to test the Free spirit and Gnarlroot battallions. But I might be overlooking something amazimg that I could do with the models at my disposal.

//Samuel

Archived