hwd48

Hi all,

Was after a quick critique of the following 2k Beastclaw Raider list;

Huskguard on Stonehorn

3  x Stonehorn

2 x 2 Mournfang cavalry

Jorlbad battallion (all of the above)

2 x 2 Frost sabre (to make up points)

I'm a total noob to AoS and am not 100% bothered about how it plays on the table... I'm sure it might not be the best of lists but I love the image of having four big beasties charging across the table and (attempting) to smash whatever sits in the way :)

Ta,

H

I love my Beastclaws and run a list similar to this. It works well though has difficulty with some.objective based missions. Keep you kitties safe, they will be your main objective Graber since they are very squishy and won't last long in combat. The stonehorn will be tough as nails but I would change 1 to a Thundertusk. For the Jorlbad you only need 2. If you take a huskard on Thundertusk it will give you some healing as well as ranged mortal wounds. I would give the Thundertusk hero the Crimson ybetti pelt so it heals itself every turn while healing your other units. Finally save for your kitties I would try and keep the army together so all can be healed and help you roll over enemy units rather than getting all your big guys stuck in a big unit that will take all game to chew through.  

By kitties, I assume you mean Sabretusks? Or do you mean Mournfang?

I'm not as much of a fan of the Thundertusk model but I'm sure I can get something to work for me :) 

So a revised list might be

Huskard on Stonehorn

2 x Stonehorn

2 x 2 Mounrfang

Jorlbad

Huskard on Thundertusk

2 x 2 Sabretusk

Double post, oops...

Presumably the three stonehorn would be the big hitters, supported by the Thundertusk just behind, with the mournfang bundling in for kicks and the sabretusk running about camping on objectives?

Really you want to be screening the tusk with everything else, he's not all that in combat and keeping your instant 6 wounds as long as possible is key. I really want to run my raiders like this... but with so many objective missions that requires bodies not wounds to capture you can have problems.

It is certainly a fun army to run though

Excellent, cheers for the help guys.

In terms of magic items, as I understand it I would get to pick two no? One normally then one extra as I have a hero in a batallion...

Was thinking of the Pelt of Charngar for the Thundertusk dude as you recommend, then the Bleeding Skull on the Stonehorn dude as it feels like I should have something anti-magic in the army somewhere? 

Also, does one choose or roll for general traits? If I get to choose any advice on who to make the general and what to go for?

@hwd48 you would indeed get 2 magical item. The ability to dispel is nice but I prefer the battle brew to sling more mortal wounds around. 

As for the command trait it says in the GH that you can pick or roll. In my area we choose but if you like the randomness then do that if you pick the extra wound is nice and the ability to give your opponent -1 bravery I find nice as well. 

Archived