Slaangor small conversion

I have this desire to get a bunch of Slaangors for my BoC army roster but I am really not liking one part of the design. The poses are formidable and menacing. The sculps are sublime. Everything fits. But THAT AXE! It feels so weird for a bunch of pretty crab boys to have a normal looking hand in which he holds an axe. And worst of all it's just a direct improvement in stats with one extra attack. I had this idea and have been sesrching online to see if anyone has come up with a way to keep the nice looking pincers but glue the axe onto one of the pincers and make it look good. Really need to visualise it to decide if it's cool or silly. Any help?

Tbh, I think an axe wielded in a pair of crab claws would unfortunately look a bit more silly in my opinion! You could paint the claws metallic to make them look like they're physically stronger, or use some of the extra bits in the kit to maybe make that guy look a bit fancier: as long as the Slaangor reads as "unit leader" I think you could easily justify him simply being better with his claws than his peers! He did have to earn that promotion, after all.

That's just me, though! I think the lack of nimble wrist movement would make holding an axe with claws a bit less believable: however these are "beasts of chaos" and, as a piece of fiction, they can do whatever you think looks cool

Edited by Pizzaprez

18 hours ago, beast of slaanesh said:

I have this desire to get a bunch of Slaangors for my BoC army roster but I am really not liking one part of the design. The poses are formidable and menacing. The sculps are sublime. Everything fits. But THAT AXE! It feels so weird for a bunch of pretty crab boys to have a normal looking hand in which he holds an axe. And worst of all it's just a direct improvement in stats with one extra attack. I had this idea and have been sesrching online to see if anyone has come up with a way to keep the nice looking pincers but glue the axe onto one of the pincers and make it look good. Really need to visualise it to decide if it's cool or silly. Any help?

If it's specifically the fact that it's an axe that's the problem, the kit does also come with a sword option (the rules are for "...and Gilded Weapon").

Alternatively, if you don't like the Slake-horn having a normal hand, I'm sure if you just painted their claws a different colour that'd be fine. IIRC the pair for the Slake-horn also have a bit of armour strapped to them, so they should stand out.

Maybe find a spare weapon and attach it in a way so that it looks strapped to their belt/back strap? (As I agree that the pincer wielding anything will look strange.) That way it's on the model if anyone is being pedantic.