Events UK: AOS - 2000pts GHB 12/11/2016

JustPlay-Ritchie

Cracking, thanks for the answers

Scenery - are the boards set, do we need to bring any? do you play scenery as in the special warscroll bts and pieces (as I don't know any of them so would read up) or just as mysterious?

objective markers - do we need to bring some - what size base should they be on? or do you measure from the centre of the base?

How any people you got now, im starting to get  alittle excited for this now.

Also on a side note I have a hurricanum coversion that im working on (not finished yet) its a troglodon that carries a hurricanum type device - is this okay to use (I don't use a troglodn in the army or anything and I think it represents a hurricanum well - wizard on it, behemoth sized model etc etc), hope so.

thanks

joe

We will have between 10-12 right now, Scenery it will all be set no need to bring anything more than enough we are not using all the warscrolls except one Walls so read that one, the rest will use scenery as the rulebook and they will be pre marked up to save you time. Objectives yep bring your own although we have plenty of things to use if really needed so dont stress aslong as they are around the 30mm mark iam cool with that and measure from the base (unless something really dodgy comes up) 

Big thank you to everyone who attended the Age of Sigmar tournament today! Met some great people and seen some awesome armies look out for my Tournament report in the next few days but for now congratulations to our winners.

Champion: Alex Harrison (Order) £25 store credit 

Runner Up: Matt Robertson (Destruction) £15 store credit 

Best painted: Martin Hall £10

And our wooden spoon Jack Maiden

Full tournament can be viewed here 

https://www.tiebreak.co.uk/aos-the-battle-begins/feed

Had a cracking day, 

good points:

venue was great

atmosphere was good

timings we're okay 

constructive points:

timings could have been enforced a little better - just because a game calls a judge over and asks for a rules clarification which takes some time - doesn't mean they should get that time back at the end of the game - everyone else's is waiting.

two lists - not sure it was worth it really, one army list was gone - perhaps just use a side board, but even then I'm not sure

roll the missions each round - then people have to bring a more balanced list for sure.

bad points:

I "cheated" badly - having always played my general as a hero model I wouldn't the. Automatically give them an artefact - as the ruling was that any single model could be your general i choice my bastilladon and then gave him the Phoenix stone without thinking about it.  Realised on the way way home!!!  This likely won me the last game.  Sorry Kevin my bad

thanks for a great day, look forward to the next one.

joe grimwade

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Joeg said:

Had a cracking day, 

good points:

venue was great

atmosphere was good

timings we're okay 

constructive points:

timings could have been enforced a little better - just because a game calls a judge over and asks for a rules clarification which takes some time - doesn't mean they should get that time back at the end of the game - everyone else's is waiting.

two lists - not sure it was worth it really, one army list was gone - perhaps just use a side board, but even then I'm not sure

roll the missions each round - then people have to bring a more balanced list for sure.

bad points:

I "cheated" badly - having always played my general as a hero model I wouldn't the. Automatically give them an artefact - as the ruling was that any single model could be your general i choice my bastilladon and then gave him the Phoenix stone without thinking about it.  Realised on the way way home!!!  This likely won me the last game.  Sorry Kevin my bad

thanks for a great day, look forward to the next one.

joe grimwade

Tut tut!! 

The main thing is...you had your coat!!

Hey first here is tournament report I wrote up its got all the results included and a link to the actual event you can follow round by round results etc hope you all enjoy it!

https://justplaygames.uk/blogs/news/the-battle-begins-tournament-report-and-top-army-lists

Feedback thanks loads Joe could not agree more one list I much prefer don't even like sideboard idea that much myself but will see how the major events develop that goes hand in hand with rolling mission done that in the past for 40k will do that in this also. Timings yea people were late and every round went to time never made any back always do our best to keep to time sorry it over ran!

The article also includes the links to the next event and the rules pack with some of the above changes included (and Sunday Joe)!