Warhammer Primal - The Old Old World

Kronos

Greetings and Welcomes to what I hope will be a sustained project. 

Warhammer Primal - Synopsis

At the Dawn of the World the Old Ones arrived upon their Stellar Ships, their arrival Heralded Aeons of War. The cold minded Old Ones and their Scions- The Slann, sought to Eradicate the undesirable denizens of the primeval world and repopulate it with their own creations. The Rebellion of the Krongr became their undoing.

Races of the Primal World 

The creation of the World is a Story shrouded in Half Truths and a Myriad of lies. It is understood that the World, like the Stars, had existed for Aeons. A miracle orb of coalesced life, but this Was not a Singular Event. The Void in its Vastness had been  a Primordial Cradle to innumerable beings and races. Separated ever since that initial spark of life. It was from within this Celestial Sea that the Old Ones came in their Void Faring ships. The bounty of life in the World came in all form. Millions of creatures adapting and evolving to the their natural world. Many succeeding, and others, perishing. Naturally dying in an ecosystem that they could not outmatch, and others hunted, by predators and by the nascent  civilisations that had already begun succeed and spread.

The Dragons were the first intelligent race to come from this time. Creatures of untold power that breathed the very fury of the World Core and ruled the Skies. After them came the Khan Tau’r, a varied race of Chimeric creatures, that split in a bloody civil war many millennia before the arrival of the Old Ones. Some Aligned themselves to the Pantheon now know as the Chaos Gods. The Zoat would devote themselves to the Natural World, Hunted into the Forests by their ferocious Chaotic kin the Drogor. 

Below the Surface World a great horror existed in multitude- The Tregara, a species as old as the world. Colossus insectoids of malevolent  intellect, rarely appearing on the surface preferring instead to hunt the Blind Wyrms that created the maze of paths known as the Hollow  Empire. In this titanic Burrowed Nest the Tregara have a Monarchy led by their Egg producing Grua Queens.

The Fimir were a  malign and intelligent primordial race. Cylopean creatures who resided in the Swamps and Bogs of the lands now known as The Old World and Norsca. Their suffering pushing them ever further to the Worship of the Dark Pantheon.

The most numerous race however were the Ape Men who collectively called themselves Krongr. The Krongr varied greatly in size and shape. They were Brutal and Cunning. Over centuries did the Old Ones battle against the Kongr. But they were adapted to the world and had entrenched themselves firmly in the various Jungles. Their largest city was a conglomerate of woven temples on treetops and mud hives. The Krongr would be the first to endure war from the Old Ones. Trying to eradicate them from their Jungle homes to clear the way for the Old Ones great plan. The Old Ones despised the Ape Men, for their rebellious free wills and for their tenacity and ingenuity. The Ape men were remarkably intelligent and although their inventions were crude they were undeniably effective. The Krongr were devastated when the Slann unleashed powerful bioweapons upon them.

IMG_2772.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

First to show you to give you a flavour - A Dark Emissary of the Krongr.

In a nut shell before the Human Tribes a Variety of Apemen like Humanoids inhabited the Warhammer World, Most were eradicated by the Lizardmen and some where used as genetic Stock for the creations of the Old Ones (Humans, Elves, Dwarfs). The Krongr form the basis of every race, Mostly - Including the Aforementioned ones I just named. They were the Apemen that fused with Animals That made the Beastmen in the Collapse of the Polar Gates. In a biological attack the Slann unwittingly underestimated the resilience of some of the Krongr Species and Created the Greenskins, a mistake they did not repeat. The Krongr are not a species but a collection of Apemen and Tribes and from one of these Tribal Apemen came Be’Lakor and his Dark Emissaries! 

IMG_4322.jpeg

IMG_4323.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

Be’Lakor (wip)

The first Champion - I’m still working on the fluff of Be’Lakor but the short story is the Krongr Cheiftain who sold not only his Soup but that of his Whole Race to bring vengeance to The Old Ones and the Slann. The First Krongr to Offer himself to the Dark Powers.

I Have 2 (Technically 3) Be’Lakors - Be’Lakor the Anointed of Chaos that led the Krongr Uprising and Master Minded the Collapse of the Polar Gate -  and Be’Lakor in his First Daemon prince Form as entered back into the Mortal World for the First Time (Before he became a Shadow.

Originally I did plan on making the “Mortal Be’Lakor a Lotr Orc Champion, but when my mind whispered - That could be Be’Lakor in his Human form I revamped my project. A lot of the Krongr will share features with Lotr orcs. It is almost a reverse of Lore, Where Morgoth Corrupted the Elves to Make Orcs, The Old Ones Uncorrupted the Krongr to make Elves. Neither a particularly pleasant process. But the Krongr are Varied, Some being Literal Apes where others could easily pass as a man or Dwarf. - the Metal age society of Ape Men as varied as any . Some however were Titanic Apes albwit cowardly and escaped the Annhilation  by seeking refuge in the tallest coldest mountains.….but more on them later.

Be’Lakor The Anointed  and Be’Lakor the Dark Master.

IMG_3891.jpeg

IMG_3892.jpeg

IMG_3893.jpeg

IMG_4255.jpeg

IMG_4257.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 3

From left to right - Johan for scale, Be’Lakor the Krongr Cheif, Be’Lakor The Anointed Champion, Be’Lakor the First Prince. 

Here we have Be’Lakor in his mortal form before his Fall to Chaos - A Krongr Cheiftain of Reknown.  Be’Lakor Dur Hamarr begun the Uprising of the Krongr Ape Men and eventually the Corruption of the Entire Warhammer World. Be’Lakor’s Empire stretched far from his Northern seat of power. He would bring Ruin to that benighted Land and his mark would ever be felt upon the World. Be’Lakor Would become not only the first Warlord of Chaos but also it’s First Daemon Prince. before his fall to Chaos as an Ape Man Cheif of the Krongr - Various Caveman/Primate evolutions who united under the banner of Be’Lakor to overthrow the Genocidal Slann.

Be’Lakor the Anointed Champion as he was seen in the Epochs of Annihilation leading the Krongr Uprising. In this form Be’Lakor would lead the Krongr into open War, having united them finally under a single banner Be’Lakor led an Army of Monsters and 

Be’Lakor in his Daemon Prince form after having destroyed the Polar Gates. Not only did I want to make something a little more Ape/animal and generally different from the Be’Lakor we know now I justvlike kitbashing….. But then idea actually derived from the new Fulgrim, I like the concwpt of Daemon Princes changing appearance over time. 

IMG_4364.jpeg

IMG_4362.jpeg

IMG_4359.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...