Elementary shooting questions

Planar

Question

Hello everyone. First post here and return to the hobby after many many years of absence (that's since 5th edition). Lot of things have changed and i am a bit confused so aplogise in advance if the questions are too basic.

I can't seem to figure out these two things:

1. If a unit with shooting capability can still use its missile weapons after being engaged in hand to hand. If so, can it even choose to shoot at the unit it is fighting in close combat?

2.if you choose to shoot at an enemy unit engaged in close combat with one of your units, how do you determine hits (i.e. how many of your models are hit as opposed to how many of the opponent)

Thanks! :)

2 answers to this question

1. If a unit with shooting capability can still use its missile weapons after being engaged in hand to hand. If so, can it even choose to shoot at the unit it is fighting in close combat?

Yes.

2.if you choose to shoot at an enemy unit engaged in close combat with one of your units, how do you determine hits (i.e. how many of your models are hit as opposed to how many of the opponent)

This is (no longer) not a mechanic in AoS. You can target the enemy unit the same way whether it is in melee or not.

Archived