Nova Open Preview

Sception

Project202308302155.jpg.01dfe80eca639cb66f0a48ab7cd30446.jpg

The Nova Open preview show is coming tonight at 8:30ish pm eastern standard time. Previews for most of GW's games, including Age of Sigmar, Warhammer Old World, Warcry, Underworlds, and Bloodbowl, any of which might include new undead stuff. In particular for Age of Sigmar we've already seen the full Cities of Sigmar release, so we might finally get a proper look at new Flesh Eater Courts models, since iirc they're the next battletome in line. FEC aren't guaranteed, however, as we're expecting another book or two for the Dawnbringers narrative campaign before the FEC battletome lands, and Dawnbringers is supposed to see releases for several factions, so they might hold off on FEC and show a bunch of campaign releases instead

That could still include undead stuff, though, as Dawnbringers is supposed to see new releases for almost every faction, and we have seen some suggestive rumor engine pics recently. Also the recently released starter set for Warcry also includes some soulblight stuff. Nothing super exciting, just a re-packaged underworlds warband, but with a frozen tundra board and some bits of terrain that match the currently out of print mausoleum, but it's possible that might foreshadow an undead-oriented theme to the next Warcry season, or possibly a return of the mausoleum terrain kit itself, which was released as a warcry terrain set in the past.

TO BE CLEAR: there's no guarantee of any death previews.  The actual big AoS previews are expected to be for Ironjaws, not undead.  It would be unfair to get too disappointed if we don't see anything at all.  Even so, I'll be following along with interest and posting updates here if we see anything at all for the undead.

Project202308302054.jpg.51cf31f2b61240eaaba324da52ba6b40.jpg

Shadow Banner's up. We got slaanesh, space marines, ???, brets, and ironjaws. Don't know what the middle thing is, but it's swampy, so probably krulboys or gloomspite. None of this looks undead.

Nick on the right can't talk into the mic to save his life. Max volume on my big tv & I cannot hear this guy. :p

Yeah, middle thing was a big new Troggoth hero for gloomspites. Neat, but not undead.

Next dawbringers book is overwhelmingly destruction based. Undead looking less and less likely.

20230830_214539.jpg.f03a58f7ac1f63ccd98a4e87ceb81954.jpg

IS THAT FEC?  IS THAT NEW CRYPT HORRORS FOR WARCRY???

No!!!!  They're Ogor Gorgers.  honestly, though I'd be tempted to use them as horrors over the current kit.

20230830_214857.jpg.0d159c3318af066ae9275c1d32e49bc6.jpg

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/08/31/nova-open-previews-suck-at-blood-and-not-blood-bowl-with-the-drakfang-thirsters/

BLOODBOWL COMES IN CLUTCH WITH THE SAVE!  WE HAVE UNDEAD!  I REPEAT, WE HAVE UNDEAD!

I'm not usually hype for bloodbowl, but this team actually looks kind of great?  lots of character.

Aaand that's it. Today was not the big FEC reveal, but not a complete loss for the undead, either.

Edited by Sception
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1