Just for fun, Your favorite examples of funny/wacky/cheesy unit formations?(AKA conga lines & blobs)

Seeing rules talk popping up has me looking at the fun people have been having in recent battle reports and I love seeing how players use their model skirmish lines to their advantage be it in hugging terrain to cut down numbers, stretching a unit out to take advantage of auras or other shenanigans that make the individual models feel like they can alter a battle as AoS flows between mass battles and individual model skirmish importance.

With AoS Battlescroll recently easing up Coherency for more elbow room this emboldens it further so here’s my top 3 examples from recent games I’ve watched.

First off, proof time is a circle. Beast of Chaos congaline punishing a mirror match for trying to ambush with his army.

Maybe Skaven are related because that’s some good cheese. 🧀 👌 

Second formation with actual Skaven, this sacrificial skirmish line that actually wraps around the army in a Miniature Wargamers vid.

image.png.f7197a0f9ec30440a3c7aad443364f64.png

image.png.95959f53b4b55babfd4e3c822f367f1c.png

A mighty Skaven victory as their brave slaught-er-Sacrifice! put the charging Chaos Warriors in the middle of the open and sitting ducks for all the artillery to unload with barely anything left to contest objectives that the Stormfiends couldn’t handle.

Third is a sneaky Ossiarch tactic of a congaline to contest the vicious Saurus warriors who normally rip them apart but with a Harvestor safely at the back of the long line he kept replacing his losses to slowly overwhelm the space lizards with a continually stream of bone bois.

image.jpeg.a4ba2ba112e56e40e7bd9dd54a1a13f2.jpeg

Honorable mentions to a CoS vs Gloomspite battle I keep on hand for inspiration as a brave Freeguild line quickly breaks ranks to hug the terrain to deal with monster swarms on all sides to be slightly more manageable piecemeal attacks

And a formation from back in 2019 where a total mad lad used this as the ultimate spearhead for his Demigryphs to charge in after. xD 

image.jpeg.d039ef8c6d5d322cbec08c86d5bd0bff.jpeg

If y’all have any examples to share(especially pictures!) I’d love to hear/see them and the fun or sneaky strategies and AoS freeform goodness people cook up thinking outside the “blocks”. ;) 

• Like 2